The Bathroom Session

Yes ... it is a long note.

In 'Time To Pray', you hold a single note on the harmonica at medium volume ... a gentle, even tone, from approx. 00:24 to 00:53 , timing you in Windows Media Player.

I don't know exactly what to say about this, but there is a great deal of significance here.

With training in yoggic breathing techniques, I truly believe you could set a Guiness world book of records for the longest sustained note on the harmonica.

It's a great song too. and wonderful harmonica playing. I enjoyed your performance, thanks for sharing the praise.

'ooo it feels better already' ROFL !

Got a heavy heart

I think of all the pieces you have posted tonight ... wow ... you are posting MULTIPLE SONGS some nights ...

I think 'Got a Heavy Heart' is the most coherent, I mean it has the best structure, and shows off many different performance techniques.

You are really 'talking' and 'conversing' with us on the resonator/guitar, your use of the harmonica as a fill and tie instrument is ... instructive. You seem to know where you are going in the song and know where you've been.

Overall the juices are flowing here, the wisdom comes through, and as a result the actual technical aspects of the recording are very good.

Walter, check out this URL http://www.thefairytree.com . Patrice Pike is very involved in the alternative approach to learning, using music and stories set to music for this approach.

Please check this site out, I've dropped her a line about your site. She does tour into California sometimes, and I'd love for ya'll to hook up.

Patrice is the primary musician I have been 'courting' to get a tour gig with, or do some recording with her in the studio.

This stuff is very emotional sounding. I am not a really big fan of this style but you are definately tapping into some next level type of feelings here. Some of the voxs are a little outta tune but it almost adds to the pain-ed sounding lyrics. Not too bad.

studioviols: Thank you for the link to Patrice Pike. I will check it out today. On the song, I'm Alone, I felt mentally retarded. When I play often times I tap into others souls and just follow the song. Once I was playing my Kalamazoo acoustic guitar, adn the song that came out was about the young man who originally owned it. His parents put it up when he went off to WWII. He was killed, and it sat in the closet for 30 years. Stuff like that happens all the time when I just let go and play. Your support means a lot to me. The music industry never gave me the time of day, and this medium is really a healing place for me.

Analytical Man: Thanks for listening. I just make everything up as I go along, and when the guitar is out of tune, I can't stop, or I will lose the spirit. It has taken me a long time to let that sort of stuff go, and put the songs out "as is". I learnded the hard way that the music industry would never put them out. I have been waiting for this technology, that allows me to record anytime/place, for 35 years!

Walter

Heavy Heart

You KNOW I love the tune, I just hope the rest of your summer is not turned sour by recent events.
Take a couple days and do something completely different with yer old lady........................
Clear the head.
We love ya Walter and just want to make sure you don't get TOO into the blues, if ya know what I mean:D

Dan

Anytime, anyplace

------------------------------------
I have been waiting for this technology, that allows me to record anytime/place, for 35 years!

------------------------------------

Walter, I am absolutely convinced that if you do everything you can to work towards maximizing the use of this technology for the process of 'field recording' you can develop a 'library' that will allow you to produce products that could make you an internet sensation with the right marketing.

I know in your heart you want to 'give it all away'. I know your faith demands this, but thinks of the charges you are responsible for, the people you work for. Isn't it fair for you to think of maximizing the work you do in music by finding profit to support your efforts ?

And that profit is not in changing the music, it's in the production of your field work, the packaging into a saleable product. And that's real work.

And that process is not just the gear you have while you are recording, that process extends all the way to the final product and how you would get folks to come and buy it from a website.

I AM NOT saying it's going to be easy but the things you have going for you are that you are an intensely brilliant and natural musician.

I literally believe your 'gift' owns you, and that you have submitted and 'released' to your gift is at once humbling and very noble.

You are a 'peaceful warrior' in a manner of speaking.

I want you to consider having a partner again, and not necessarily a musical partner, a 'technology' partner.

I have noticed you have a lot of recording savy, from the old days, the old times. And that has enabled you to quickly adapt.

As you continue to understand the depth of opportunity this 'new internet technology' and the miniaturized field recording gear offers you, I really think this will begin to propel a rapid increase in the amount of material you are recording.

Backup everything, back it up twice.

You are planting seeds, and growing orchards. I'd like to help you harvest and then set up a stand to sell the music, virtually.

With respect to the field gear, this is your most important business expense at this time. Do everything you can at this time to research this technology. Don't buy ANYTHING. Every piece of equiptment both gives you opportunity in the long run, and limits you. Research, research, research.

Become expert on this part of the 'field technology gear', look for creative solutions.

One thing for sure, you have got to get your voice and guitar on seperate tracks, I really think this is important.

Research, decide on a solution and execute that solution.

Anything I can do to help.

Of course I would like to find one of your 'performances' that is most appropriate for me to play the violin or fiddle on, maybe the cello is more appropriate at first as it can serve to provide support in the upper bass frequencies and low mids.

I listened to Heavy heart. I like the Delta Blues style. Sounds like you are there. Nothing like the ol lady to give you the blues lol. Im gettin ready to do some blues. I think Ill call it the Bipolar woman blues-lol. Some good stuff. You nailed the style. I think this is great the way it is. even the throat clearing at the end.
Myx

studioviols: Man, you downright inspire me to death! You can play on any of my songs you like, but I wouldn't want to put it out for sale, unless we did it live together. If you want to become involved in the marketing end, I say Yeah Man! I hate that part. I am a fair person, but a terrible businessman. I want to give it all away. You say I am knowledgeable in the old style of recording. Thanks, but that is not true. I was in the studio, had live recordings done with mobile studio trucks out in back of the club, etc, 100's of times, but I tuned out to the technical end. What little I picked up must have been through osmosis. Send me your email and I will show you the cd cover that my bass player came up with for Live at Alpine Hall. We don't have any plans for marketing it and welcome any help you might have. We are splitting 50 -50 (my 50 goes to my foundation), so we could easily go 1/3, 1/3, 1/3. I would love to get the vocals on a separate track. I have looked at the stuff you suggested. I don't like those smart media cards. I had them with the Zoom PS02. They cost way too much and don't hold hardly any music. When I record everyday, I usually fill 2 mini cds, or about 140 minutes of tunes. I go through them and post a couple which I like the best. I am sure the right rig is out there, it is just a matter of finding it. My band plays a b-day party Sunday and I will record it. Drop me your email. Mine is
glosh@ap.net

Hevy: Thanks for the concern. I am fine. That is the cool thing about my music. I reflects where I am at, and allows me to let it go......... I am walking with my wife and dog downtown to get an ice-cream tonight! Walter

Myx62: Thanks for listening so carefully. These allergies out here kill me. I am going for shots Monday. I have tried every possible cure under the sun except this. Maybe this is the one! You can also call your tune - my woman needs thorozine.

Walter

I really dig your music Walter,unhyped and straight foward.
I especially like the harp playing.

Great reverb you get in that bathroom man.
You can't buy that!:D

Pete

Ooh, man you're smoking there

While the other recordings are really good. I think the bathroom sounds great. Much less hollow sounding than your living room. Nice stuff Walter!

Walter, you`ve really touched me here. I can feel you gettin it out before it gets over on you. You make good medicine, doctor man.

Back