**Bat funk! ** new instrumental

Wow sounds like Herbie Hancock jamming with Steely Dan. The bass sounds phenomenal as does everything else. Production is unbelievably good. Great groove too. I could listen to this stuff all night

Wow sounds like Herbie Hancock jamming with Steely Dan. The bass sounds phenomenal as does everything else. Production is unbelievably good. Great groove too. I could listen to this stuff all night

hey bulls!
thanks so much for listening to this one...
herbie, eh?
don't hear that name dropped around here much, that's an interesting look at it...
the bass i worked on for quite a while, to get the sound i wanted,
using two sources..
but once i dialed it in,
it was a one-take!
cuz by then, i had the line memorized!! LOL

Wow!!! Man, so good!Bass sounds fantastic , love your guitar tone and playing as well.....inspiring!

alright stratmonkee! thanks so much for listening and commenting,
the bass was a serious tone hunt in the studio, for sure.
i'm not sure i could replicate it, cuz i'm always tweaking, and taking zero notes.

Had to comment and say this is absolutely killer!!! Great performance, tone and production. Can't fault what i hear except i'm not a big fan of the snare sound, but that is simply just personal preference and nothing to do with the production. Awesome job, I'm going to put this on replay and vibe to it while i work on some hardware mods tonight! :listeningmusic:

Had to comment and say this is absolutely killer!!! Great performance, tone and production. Can't fault what i hear except i'm not a big fan of the snare sound, but that is simply just personal preference and nothing to do with the production. Awesome job, I'm going to put this on replay and vibe to it while i work on some hardware mods tonight! :listeningmusic:

hi reinmj, man thanks, for the comments,
glad you dig it.

i may play with the snare sound some more, like you suggest...
this is one of 6 instrumental demos i have finished now,
that i want to post for comments before i finish them

i will have a new album of all instrumentals soon,
10 in all,
under the BATS BREW moniker..

i'll post this again, one last time, once i get it finished.

Hey Gonzo, i'll keep an eye out for the other demos. My wife's already sick of this song as its been playing in my workshop nonstop hahahaha!

About the snare, no need to change it it's just not my kind of snare sound i like. Purely personal preference. Works with your song though.:guitar:

Last edited:
Back