Bassy experiment

Spazhands

'ere mate
Hi guys, I am after some feedback on this mix if possible. Its just a little tune I threw together a few weeks back. The bass instrument is an acoustic guitar pitched down loads to sound *similar* to a double bass. the guitars were done through Revalver and the drums on Fl studio. I was going for a kind of Hiphop vibe hence not much change in the main beat. I could go a lot further with the tune but I don't think it really deserves the time!!! It does liven up a little, you just have to hold on a minute:rolleyes:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9917390&q=hi&newref=1

There is a frequency that is ringing out in the guitarbass. It's between a C and a C#. Fix that and I don't think it would sound too bad. I wouldn't recommend double tracking though.

nice little sketch...I found the squeaks a little of putting after a while...I suppose a problem when you're making a loop then repeating it through out the track...I dont really play bass so I have this problem as well...what to do is make a couple of loops playing the same thing with slightly different emphasis and it'll sound a bit more interesting throughout a whole track

I think you could develop this into something more....keeping with the hip hop theme try adding some scratch samples and maybe a bit of old skool vocal samples, or just ad libs...maybe automate some delay and reverb into the guitar so it wanders off into the distance then breaks up before coming back "dub" style...things like that

but there's definitely something there...I have a rule, no sketches only finished songs..I might not play them to everyone but I finish them..its a work ethic that works for me..try it, you never know what you end up with ;)

Back