Bass Master "K" sings

Was it my breath??

I guess I'll try this one more time.

Toki, if you see this I would really appreciate you giving this a listen. You really helped me out with my first bass instrumental tune...your comments were right on target.

Thanks all...

sounds good through my monitors....i like the balance of all the instruments and vocals....i like the tune.

I can't tell if it's the mp3 conversion or otherwise, but the high end sounds a little on the crisp/bright side....maybe just on the acoustic guitar..it seems brighter than the cymbals...i cant really put my finger on it...

THanks for the listen and the reply teainthesahara, I really appreciate it. I have only been recording for a year and i'm more of a musician than a "recording engineer" and I have been reading, reading, recording, more reading, more reading, recording, and struggled in putting info into application in my project studio. I feel like I am in the ballpark of getting good recordings, but there are still things I am missing. This site has really helped me tremendously.

You may be right on with the high end evaluation. I had a version of it that was a bit darker and as I was listening to it compared to some comparable commercial stuff, I thought that it sounded like my high end wasn't as bright so I went down to the music room and remastered it and brought it up a bit. Maybe now it is too much....

Thanks again.

Nice tune Bass Master. I think it sounds very clear on the top end. The overall mix sounds great. Yea, i think your "in the ballpark". I'v been struggling with recording for several years now, and none of my shit sounds that good. Great work! You mentioned Mastering. What are you using to "master" with? I have Sound Forge which has the usuall Para EQ's and such but I cant seem to get that clean sound with it. Thanks for posting.

Actually I use SoundForge 6.0 to master it.

I try to get it sound as good as I can with Cubase SX, then I send it to SoundForge, do some EQ'ing, and then use WaveHammer and I tell you, that WaveHammer kicks some major ass. But i think I need to improve the tracks before I get to that point and that is what I am hoping to get some advice on. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks again for the listens! :)

Thanks for giving it a listen Massive Master! ... I agree about the streaming Real Audio, I hate how it goes in and out of different levels of quality on a dailup. It's best to just download the MP3.

It's funny you mention Bowie.... One of the things I was interested in hearing from people at garageband was "who did they think the music sounded like". So far I have gotten like 4 or 5 Becks and an Everlast, and loads of "original, you don't sound like anyone". But the other day I was playing a hard non-acoustic tune for a friend of mine and he was like "whoa!...Bowie in Chains! I like this". I have a different voice, and to me at least, not as commercial as the singers I have had in the bands I play in so it is cool to hear that there is hope :D

Thanks again

Back