Bands songs

If you guys stick with it I think you'll do great. For all of you just being 13 you're pretty damn good. You all seem to be good at what you play, just work on ur time, thats my only real complaint. Try and find someone who can hook you guys up with a studio for a day or something.

Gawd, I can't stand GNR... But props to you guys for playing anyway.

Now - Just out of curiosity, and I'm not knocking here, I swear -

How was this recorded? The reason I ask - There are a lot of recordings here of course. Many of them hit that "quality" threshold, many of them don't. Many of them have parts that sound great and others that sound like they were recorded in a parallel universe.

This recording sounds quite thin, but it's consistently thin. Doesn't really sound like tape, doesn't really sound digital. Almost has an "AM radio-phone" thing going on...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Massive Master said:

How was this recorded? The reason I ask - There are a lot of recordings here of course. Many of them hit that "quality" threshold, many of them don't. Many of them have parts that sound great and others that sound like they were recorded in a parallel universe.

This recording sounds quite thin, but it's consistently thin. Doesn't really sound like tape, doesn't really sound digital. Almost has an "AM radio-phone" thing going on...

Reminds me of when my band used to record on a cam-corder and then run it onto a cassette deck... hha. I like the song tho... just one thing

Iv got a fever... and the only prescription is more cowbell

later... keep on jammin. sounds cool
Rudy

Massive Master said:

Dont like GNR?!?! O well it's your opinoin. We recorded it through with a crappy mic to my computer, using cool edit. What do you mean by "thin." I know the qualities not great...

I just got an SM57, so i'm looking forwards to recording some better stuff. How can i make it (my guitar atleast) sound good? My basement's acoustics are terrible; it's a big open room with my computer and amp and stuff. So ya any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Shoe

Back