A band I'm tracking

Nice job with the tracking, TR.

I like the way they come out of the opening theme into the first break. It actually creates some tension that a lot of pop rock breaks don't manage to get, IMO.

Ya they sound great! Also, great job recording them, again. Guitars sound terrific.

I don't like the bass sound. It's too grindy to me. Like the cones are crying out for help or something. I could go for something cleaner if possible. It's mostly during the verses...sounds somewhat out of place. It may also be what's making me feel like the louder sections (chorus) are getting too muddy, crowded. I don't know...

Damn, these guys are terrific. They should stay together as long as they can.

Thanks for sharing man!

This is Great!

I would like to see a tad more snap to the snare... just a touch more hi eq...

And........ a tad more bass drum...

Everything else is perfect!!!!!!

Great song... I am hearing Weezer and a bunch of others in this...

BTW... The drummer is fucking smazing!!!!!!!!

Joe..

Oh.. One more thing....Man that drummer ripped... I am still in awe.

I'll pass on the compliments.:cool:
I agree on the snap in the snare Joe. He has a heavy pair of hats and it was so much in the snare mic. Dial in the snare and the hat would make you bleed from your eyes.

that rocks....

you/they got some killer tones for this....drums, guitars, everything......

i listened on a regular hi-fi on my usual settings and the bass guitar seems to control the low end....i rather see a better bass/kick relationship, but if that was a mix decision, thats cool....

good stuff....

MIKE

Hey Mr. Rat:

What the hell am I gonna' tell YOU?!?!?! LOL. Recording sounds great. The weak link is the vocal when he's singing lower. I'm hearing some pitch weirdness

BY these questions that LEAD to nothing...

now it's OVER...

You know, the bolded words...It's hard singing in somebody else's studio...not much you can do about that.

(well, there's always that nasty Antares gadget, but I don't wanna' start a flame-fest, lol)

In summation KICK ASS RECORDING

sounds great. i'm not sure i like the bass guitar sound. it sounds too low to me. all else sounds really good.
jason

everything sounds good to me except the drums.. pretty cool song.. I'm sure it's probably an accurate picture of what they sounded like, but the snare drum doesn't sound good on a recording, and the bass drum sounds low.. the bass doesn't sound too hot either, but overall it sounds good.. I'm probably just looking to break chops today! :)

Track Rat said:
. The oldest person in the band is 18. Any comments are always welcome. It's called "Waiting For You".

so i listened to this last night...i must have tried to kill myself about ohhh....5 maybe 6 times...but luckily for me im so old and slow...i missed ...:D

very cool song i thought....

on to the mixing....

now you have heard mine so ...keep that in consideration:
the bass drum is too low and spanky....if it was fuller especially on the chorus it would kill....

oh and just because you CAN play double bass doesnt mean you SHOULD .....lol...i thought that part sorta stuck out...not that its not cool mind you just seemed a bit too heavy for the song...

the guitars sound perfect....no complaints at all..

bass could be bigger in the verse section where its a bit more sparse...seems like it would fill a lot in just with the bass being bigger...but the tone of the bass is really really cool..

is ther anything at all on the vocals..???...reverb or anything?..cause if there is it is nicely done as i cant even tell..

oh i just realized on the 5th listen that i LOVE the sound of the cymbals as well....

man if my freind had a dad ....and that dad could do this....i would probably mow his lwan for free for a WHOLE SUMMER.......lol

nice work rat track...:)

jamal

Re: Re: A band I'm tracking

Jamal Bucket said:
man if my freind had a dad ....and that dad could do this....i would probably mow his lwan for free for a WHOLE SUMMER.......lol
jamal
HA! I just spit coffe all over the place. You haven't seen my yard.:D

yeah, the song is great -I would just bust a bit the hi-freq level, to get those hihats&cymbals&snare in foreground

cool recording man!
harry

Re: Re: Re: A band I'm tracking

Track Rat said:
HA! I just spit coffe all over the place. You haven't seen my yard.:D

ok the best part of quoting someone is when you do it AFTER THEY TOTALLY MIS-SPELLED A WORD.....:d:d:d...

just like you did to me....hahahahahah

jamal

i think the drummer is good for his age...
he's on the right road..

everything is tracked well. nice and tight.
vox are definatly the weakest element.

clean mix. nice.

-alex

Re: Re: Re: Re: A band I'm tracking

Jamal Bucket said:

ok the best part of quoting someone is when you do it AFTER THEY TOTALLY MIS-SPELLED A WORD.....:d:d:d...

just like you did to me....hahahahahah

jamal

Or they screw up their smilies

:D

Rat, that was a helluva good recording, man!

... although I found the bass to be a bit "tubby" for my tastes, otherwise a fine production.

The song? The band? Well, no 'fence, but I think it sounds like any other cookie-cutter-MTV band of the current "alternative" [post-Nirvana] generation. Then again, I'm not up on current music much, for this very same reason,... the new music I hear all sounds like cookie-cutter-MTV bands to me, and does not hold my interest.

Otherwise, it's obvious the band members put their sincere effort into this production, and I'll give them credit for that.;)

These kids are amazing, aren't they?

Only nit pick is the drums. I like roomy drum sounds, but this sounds like the drums are in a different space than the band. They sound good, just don't seem to fit.

I hear all the depth well. Your stuff is always clean and punchy. The cymbals could have a little more tinkle on them. The drums are sweet, can hear the wood in the sticks. I`m not too keen on that bass sound though, to me it sounds kinda SVT'ish thu 15's, but Im wearing some really old bass ears too. :)

SVT's through two 15's? Is that some kind of code-talk?

I take it you're talking about the bass amp, eh? I think it's safe to assume two 15's is 15" bass cab speakers, but then, what kind of amp is an SVT? I've heard of SWR, but never SVT. What gives, on that?:confused:

Back