band demos

Tom Hicks

I'm in a band again - classic rock bar band. So we made a demo to help us shop for gigs. Here's the tunes:

Tom,

This is pretty good stuff, it's obvious you guys put some time in on these recordings..

My experiences in the past were that we never really got any playing jobs off of demo stuff... but that was us..

Do you do all the mixing or did you go somewhere to do it?

Nice job either way.

79_Les_Paul said:
Tom,

This is pretty good stuff, it's obvious you guys put some time in on these recordings..

My experiences in the past were that we never really got any playing jobs off of demo stuff... but that was us..

Do you do all the mixing or did you go somewhere to do it?

Nice job either way.

Thanks!

I just bought an Alesis HD24 a few weeks back, and the drums and guitar tracks were recorded in the drummer's garage, where we practice. Then overdubs back at my place. The raw tracks were exported to the PC, where I used Samplitude to mix it.

The drummer and I have gigged together in bands for close to 15 years (we had a bit of a local following for years under the name Catch 22 - now we are going by Nick of Time), the keyboards and bass are new guys to us both. We have been rehearsing for about 4 months now and have about 45-55 tunes prepared. We are about ready to hit the clubs and only want to gig a couple of weekends a month as all four of us are older guys with day jobs.

A hobby band.

Back