Bad Ronald

Cool song queepy!! LOve the guitar..damn..put the squeeze on that axe!!

The lyrics rock...Bad Ronald!!:D

Everything seems heavily left panned or I am going deaf in my right ear:eek:.

Nice sounds as always man....nice grrove. You even dried the vox up some...nice job there. I really like the difference between the main vocal and the chorus part. Great diversity.

Killer tune man...this is a fun listen.

Cool song queepy!! LOve the guitar..damn..put the squeeze on that axe!!

The lyrics rock...Bad Ronald!!:D

Everything seems heavily left panned or I am going deaf in my right ear:eek:.

Thanks True! I will have to check out the panning.....I didnt notice it but my ears were kinda fried at the end of mixing yesterday.....

Nice sounds as always man....nice grrove. You even dried the vox up some...nice job there. I really like the difference between the main vocal and the chorus part. Great diversity.

Yeah, it's only taken about 2 1/2 years to get it thru my thick skull that I use to much reverb on vocals :p....glad ya dug it!

Thanks True! I will have to check out the panning.....I didnt notice it but my ears were kinda fried at the end of mixing yesterday.....
I just had another listen this morning...and it still sounds left panned heavy. I just may be losing my right ear hearing. No one else hears it but me..:eek:

I just had another listen this morning...and it still sounds left panned heavy. I just may be losing my right ear hearing. No one else hears it but me..:eek:

I'm a bit right leaning with my hearing at times...my left ear is on the drum/cymbal side for band practice, and we played Tuesday night, so I may be compensating a bit in my panning of bass/guitars..I will check it out again this afternoon after giving my ears a good rest....

Thanks Dog...yeah, I'm finally breaking my reverb addiction on vocals a bit eh?:p...glad ya dug it!

Sounds good and dark too. I hear what true-eurt is hearing. It's not throughout the whole song but in some parts the guitars seem panned all the way left leaving the right side sounding kinda empty.

GREAT bad arse bassssss.
Sneaky panning - running against anticipation!
The main riff in the solo sound very Robert Quine.
I'll have to get the movie.
Good
Good fun
good!

Sounds good and dark too. I hear what true-eurt is hearing. It's not throughout the whole song but in some parts the guitars seem panned all the way left leaving the right side sounding kinda empty.

Hmmnn, I do have 3 spots in the song were there is some intentional hard panned guitars...not sure if that's what you guys are speaking of?
Thanks for the listen!

GREAT bad arse bassssss.
Sneaky panning - running against anticipation!
The main riff in the solo sound very Robert Quine.
I'll have to get the movie.
Good
Good fun
good!

Thanks Ray! Yeah, the movie is pretty dated by today's in your face horror standards...but a pretty fun watch none the less! I don't think its on DVD unfortunately tho...
Glad ya dug it!

I listened to many of the other songs on here...and still when I listen, I am getting more from the left than right...it may not necessarily be the panning so much as volume on the panning.. since you said you did some really hard panning...and since you did that, I guess the right and left guitars are separate tracks axeman? I don't mean to be a pain in your ass...but I want to figure out why it sounds like this on my system. It bugs me.:D

I wanna know these things...:eek:

I listened to many of the other songs on here...and still when I listen, I am getting more from the left than right...it may not necessarily be the panning so much as volume on the panning.. since you said you did some really hard panning...and since you did that, I guess the right and left guitars are separate tracks axeman? I don't mean to be a pain in your ass...but I want to figure out why it sounds like this on my system. It bugs me.:D

I wanna know these things...:eek:

Hi true....yeah, the 3 parts that I tried to pan hard left then right are at :17, 1:00, and 2:15 I wanted those parts to bounce left and right then center...there are 3 diffrent guitar tracks on this (not counting the lead) and 1 may be outta wack levelwise....I kinda hear it here on my work system, did not notice it on my car stereo or headphones...I will be working on it again this weekend ...this is pretty much the 1st mixdown so I'll be ah tweekin fer sure! I do appreciate the feedback...not a pain at all!!

Sounds good Queepyaxeman. Has a Pixies-ish feel to it. Vox are way better than your usual stuff. Not that it's usually too bad, but you usually have a bunch of wet double-tracking going on that makes it hard to pick out the vox. This is much better. Keep doing it like this. Love the guitar thrashing in the middle. Bass sounds great, and again better than usual. Good job bro. :)

Sounds good Queepyaxeman. Has a Pixies-ish feel to it. Vox are way better than your usual stuff. Not that it's usually too bad, but you usually have a bunch of wet double-tracking going on that makes it hard to pick out the vox. This is much better. Keep doing it like this. Love the guitar thrashing in the middle. Bass sounds great, and again better than usual. Good job bro. :)

Hey Greg, yeah, you can say it...my vocals usually suck :p...these just suck a bit less maybe;)...I did try to get away from the verby double tracked vocal effects I usually use, as you and dogman and others have suggested on my other tunes...I have been focusing a lot on my bass guitar tone and playing so I appreciate the comments on that...thanks for listening and the good words!

great song!! The lead vocal is really clear to me in the verse, but it's still fighting to get through the guitars in the chorus - might try to do some dovetail eq (not that I would know how)?

great song!! The lead vocal is really clear to me in the verse, but it's still fighting to get through the guitars in the chorus - might try to do some dovetail eq (not that I would know how)?

Thanks man! I hear what your saying about the chorus, will adjust .....what exactly is dovetail eq?
Thanks for listening!

Hey Queepy! Heard this on the other board the other day but don't know if it's the new version or not since I was listening on headphones at the time. On surround sound speakers now, typing as listening... the verse mix sounds real cool... clear vox, crunchy guitar... the chorus sounds nasty, which personally I think is great, the vox are a bit covered there, but I think that's a great stylistic choice!... I like the dynamics on the guitar solo too, that just kind of takes over everything, then it drops back into the main riff... nice! Ha, great tune, great movie.. dig it :cool::cool:

Back