"Bad Moon Rising" (licensed cover)

I've always loved this song!

Nice version here, Gonzo ;)
Love the guitar tones especially the slide guitar. Voice and harmonies sound great. Drums sound a bit distant to me. Interesting intro, too...kinda mexican feel about it. Well done!

Cheers
Joe :D :D

Sounds huge...I was just playing one of my songs before I listened to this. When yours came on WMP the speakers blew off my desk and smashed into the back wall. It says a lot about the weakness of my levels.

Anyway...love your cover...so skilled in music and production. It sounds professional

Intro sounds cool. Nice on arrangement and production. Like it all. Vocals are well song and can stand to be highlighted a little more. Small push up.

Good job, man. Is this all you??

Peace.

Cool, cool. cool.
the slide really gives this a different feel.
Nice - not exactly stoner to my mind but 2cool.

Solid. Not a huge fan of the original - I actually prefer your arrangement. Nice vocals and guitars...lead sounds fantastic! The drums sound a bit crispy to me, but overall a great performance and production...:)

joeym
yep, mexican!
LOL
maybe it was the tequila i was drinking while cutting the tracks....

i had that old school spagetti western vibe in mind, with the beginning....
originally it was more like a eagles/hotel california style thing, but i thought that sounded too obvious...

the drums, were programmed, by necessity, because the drummer on my project had already finished his parts, and the record label guy asked me to do a unique 'cover' at the end of the project, so i kinda had to do this one on my own.
so i mixed it that way on purpose..... just so the drums were 'there' but not too present...

thanks for listening!

bozmillar-
yep, fake drums. i'd like to re-mix this with real drums one day, that might actually happen soon....\

Analytical Man
hey thanks! glad you liked it....

dang donkey
thanks for the props...
tho, i'm not quite sure what 'stoner version' means.
it DOES have that spacey vibe to it, versus the original.
i did 3 other complete versions of this song (as demo format), and they all sounded like karaoke!!!
LOL

monkey allen-
"huge, baby, HUGE!"
LOL
well, i hope the damage from the speakers flying was covered on your insurance.
all liability is assumed by Planet Records.
hehehe

thanks for diggin' on it....
yes, all the tracks are me, including the drum programming.
it's........what i do.

rayc-
glad you liked it!
i really wanted to do slide on this one, i just heard it in my head that way....
a lot of my slide influence is, surprise, from todd rundgren and roddy price.
tho, i'm listening to an awful lot of derek trucks these days....

heatmiser-
it's funny you say you like this one, but not the original....
i've heard that from quite a few people.
now, i love the original, cuz i'm a big CCR and fogarty fan....
but i wanted to do it my own way, and that's obviously more rock/classic rock vibe than the original folksy version.

drums, being programmed on a machine, leave me a little off on em too, but they filled the basics fine, i actually had the mastering engineer tweak the high end down from the original drums tracks, just because i thought the same thing....
too crisp.
he did a good job, but he couldn't take it all down, without screwing up the rest of the mix.

thanks for listening!

It's the vibe of the song.
Upon earing it for the 1st time it's like, A man I dig this groove;-)
A great job indeed.

DD

Well being a die hard CCR fan, I found it hard to adapt to your version of the song at first, but as the song progressed it became more comfortable.

I think you did a fine job rearranging the tune to a slower groove. I've never heard many people pull off a good arrangement of the original and yours was better than any I've heard.

Your guitar playing continues to amaze and the intro was very creative and layered. The slide is very nice - wish I could play slide. Your vocals are excellent - not too many can pull off JC's range but you did so well with high harmonies to boot - very cool.

I wouldn't be surprised if this arrangement made it somehow onto the radio.....it's truly unique...

dang donkey
thanks man!

ido1957
hehe
yes, die hard CCR fans are the toughest ones to win over....
it's quite a bit different than the original, eh?
it's just so ingrained into folk's memories, mine included.

and damn that 'american werewolf in london' movie, now everytime i hear the original, i think of hairy stinky werewolves.

LOL

thanks for listening!

Took me a moment to drink in the style alteration as well...but I love it!

I agree with Chili that the vox could come up just a tad. Not too much, as I really like the way your voice sits just right with the music.

Great job Gonz!!

true-eurt
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
glad you liked it..
\
yeah, it is different..
i just had to go there, cuz everything else just sounded like a straight up cover, and i wanted it to be 'brewed.
;)

Back