Back in the loop of life/no mp3 here

theron

Forgive me for the liberal use of this forum but, I wanna share.

I was an active participant in the clinic for a decent amount of time. I even posted tunes that gained a good level of help from mix tips and such from the collective mind/mix trust found here.

I disapeared for some time and didn't expect anyone to notice. I don't think many did and that is per usual in the context of a world access forum.

However, I missed the fuck out of being here. I missed the chance to listen to others and offer advice, be astounded by a home mix, sit on my high horse when I've a chance to give someone solid and knowingly helpfull advice, get schooled in advice I've no chance of understanding or applying, be exposed to music and production angles that I never would have thought of, much less attempted or integrated into my own patterns and I missed being around musicians and late night recorders that I didn't need a back stage pass to be "allowed to" talk to.

I quit my job 7 days ago (which I liked alot and tried very hard for a year or so to blossom into a happy venture) due to a tyranical boss and a desire to be happy in general. I like what I do for a living but, I've always made time for music writting, playing. jamming and recording. I found myself not playing at all for months on end in order to try and do the same job I've always done. I became very empty and not as fun, witty and energenic as is my norm. In short (although it is way too late for "short") I hated my boss and missed "me".

The "me" I missed was the musical me. I've no business at all quiting my job. I'm 32 and in a semi-skilled labor system. Still, my boss was a reck of a leader or boss or_________fill in the blanks for an improper holder of power.

I've been playing old tunes to an audience of none, working on a new comp and studio and checking out all the fine songs that are so abundant in this clinic. Damn good choice I made to quit my job. I feel soooooooooo much better. I pay my bills. No one gives me a free ride and I will continue this trend.

I just wanna say hi and thank the clinic for helping me keep my priorities in line.

I don't have to work tommorrow so, I've tossed a few back and this surely isn't my best writing but, these are the best of dayz.......

Thanks again for every post that I can get to and ever comment you'll make on my new tunes ( after all, I've nothing to do but record at home now!!:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Theron.

theron said:
Forgive me for the liberal use of this forum but, I wanna share.

I was an active participant in the clinic for a decent amount of time. I even posted tunes that gained a good level of help from mix tips and such from the collective mind/mix trust found here.

I disapeared for some time and didn't expect anyone to notice. I don't think many did and that is per usual in the context of a world access forum. Theron.

yes you were my freind in fact you were the first person to offer hellos and welcomes to the board when i arrived ....and along with posting some great music you added an air of class to everything you said in your responses....as a matter of fact it wasnt that long ago i was asking chad(participant) what had happened to you.....glad your back ..i hope all works out ..you only need enough money to pay the bills....and maybe some new strings every once on a while.....

and every choice made for the sake of ones own artistic vision ..in the end is ALWAYS the right one

peace
jamal

"I've been playing old tunes to an audience of none"<<you definitely have to use that line in one of your songs.

I did notice your absence alone with a few others. This forum is getting so big that I feel missed out pretty easily. Welcome back

AL

theron said:
I disapeared for some time and didn't expect anyone to notice. I don't think many did and that is per usual in the context of a world access forum.

I think you're wrong...I'm sure many noticed. I think you'd be surprised about how people remember people who helped them out. I didn't start a "where's theron?" thread or anything, but definitely noticed your absence. Good to have you back man.....now post a new song for us.......

Theron--That was such a great post and it hit home on many levels. I too have a blast coming here and sharing with other musical types. Music is my reason for life. I grew up in a bunch of odd circumstances and the first twelve years of my life were lonely and empty. Then, I picked up a guitar and I found a way to fill the emptyness.

In my early twenties, I had got married, left college and spent two years cleaning a restaurant kitchen for a living 12am to 7am. At some point, I decided that I wanted to make a living playing music. From that day on, I never gave up the dream. In a short time, I was making a living from the music. It was pretty marginal at first, but it got better and better. Now, here I am, 51, and I play 5 to 6 nights every week and work in the studio on projects regularly or on my own stuff when time allows.

When I am around recording gear or when I have a guitar in my hand, I feel at home. Thats "me". Without this, I'd just be a grumpy and apathetic human being. Maybe this is your time to make a change, who knows.

I sure am glad to see you back. You were missed. We need as many voices of wisdom as we can get around here. Now, get to writing and post something! :D

Glad to see you back theron.People did notice that you were gone.I know I did.....people come and go on these boards so much it's hard to keep up.

Anyways,glad you're back.:)

People don't foget that quick man...it hasn't been that long...

I feel the same exact way as you...
But my ex-wife (and her lawyer) called it mid-life crisis....

I call it freedom...

good for you man...

I was thinking of expanding myself....forming a band....doing original work....playing live....

something you might want to consider with your new found freedom of the soul...

Welcome back man,
Joe

Hey dude...you do what feels best. if it's coming here or whatever. I noticed your absense too, but I also know the "magnetism" of this place also. However, sometimes even the "pull" here is too great (for me), but I always like to see familiar "faces" ....ones like Theron...for instance.

There has been a small handful of people who've stopped posting and I noticed their absence. You were one of them. You give great comments and make the board a better place.

When you're in a situation that's taking the life out of you, you need to make a change. But please take care of yourself - remember you gotta pay the bills.

Trip.

theron,

Noticed you were gone, and now I notice your back, hows that for poetry?

I think your songs have been very inventive.

Glad your back.

GT

welcome back.....

i can understand your place in life.....i just left a job after 8 years there for alot of the same reasons......

MIKE

Back