B. Sabbath! This one's for you punk! :p

Pinky

and The Brain...
I finally got inspired after a 3+ month hiatus, here's the latest terror:

Perfunctory

(I told B. Sabbath he'd get first dibs on ripping this one apart :p )

wow!!

what the hell was that?!! :D

Now I know why your always on my case about the bass.. The bass is very busy in this.. cool..

Is there a bass drum? I don't hear one.. I think it would help if there was one.. I like the riff.. The effected vocals are interesting.. When I say interesting, I mean I don't like them, but it's a preference thing.. You always say the weakest part about my stuff is the bass... I guess I can say that's the best part about this song! :D The drums lack presence, and the guitars may be ever so slightly out of intonation.. maybe it's just the execution.. the vocal panning is making me dizzy!! :D

It sounds like I hated the song, bit I really did think it was cool.. I would have liked some stronger drums and more of a spread on the guitars..

strange music for sure.. maybe that's why I DID like it..

keep the psychotic music coming.. The more the merrier! :D

B.SABBATH said:

It sounds like I hated the song, bit I really did think it was cool..

:rolleyes:

I'll have to try harder to suck next time :P

I hear the drum thing, it's a problem and I may reapproach that... I used loops and haven't decided yet if it's worth the effort for just a little more punch (I've learned to let a song sit for a day or two then reapproach it and do the final tweaking).

I like the lousy sounding guitars, as well as the crappy/muddy bass... it fits the mood better than the more polished stuff I could come up with (and have as you may remember). Like you said, preference...

I really wanted this for the bass, it's the first official production with the new Ibanez I bought 3 weeks ago... and I used a Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal to get a little Geddy Lee/Moving Pictures tone... the bass (GRS-200) was cheap but plays better than the Fender Jazz I had years ago (no lie). technology is a great thing, $200 bass today is worth $500 of yesterday's bass dollars ;).

Anyway, thanks for the listen, feels good to be back into the mix (pun intended).

hey now this is a interesting song.
you are definately a good bass player, and you gott this sound outta a 200 dollar bass?
very interesting song though and i kinda like it.
it would be cooler and i know im repeating what was already said if it had some killer drums in it. but if you like this way then it is fine i suppose because realy its just a personel preferance. anyway nice to have you back in the mix and ill be watching for more of your stuff. god bless, tim pate.

flash2ace said:
hey now this is a interesting song.
you are definately a good bass player, and you gott this sound outta a 200 dollar bass?
very interesting song though and i kinda like it.
it would be cooler and i know im repeating what was already said if it had some killer drums in it. but if you like this way then it is fine i suppose because realy its just a personel preferance. anyway nice to have you back in the mix and ill be watching for more of your stuff. god bless, tim pate.

Thanks for the kudos. I've played more bass than guitar in past bands (gigging) but found JUST being a bassist unsatifying. it was tight trying to wrap myself around it again after a 2 year break and only playing guitar for those 2 years. I'm a little clumsy on some of the runs (mind's still working faster than my hands), but I can fake it with a decent line here and there :p

Well, I fixed the lack of bass (both guitar and kick) and modified a few things... it definitely sounds a tad better now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back