Attempt to bring the funk failed

JFogarty

Ah well, it wasn't a very good song anyway. This one is better. And gidge, this one has an actual piano solo at the end, though its pretty sloppy. I'm not much of a piano player. Anyway, check it out. I need some mixing feedback, especially with regard to the vocals. I know I have a bad voice, but I'd just like to get it to sit into the mix better.

I wish I was Jazz

outside of that paino on your other mp3, i think you brought the funk...

this one, maybe the vocal was a little too dry or out front...lets see what others say first before we hang ya......

i love this piano...very good...i see ya left the cat out the room.....

i like it!

there does seem to be a wierd effect going on with the drums...i cant place it....may be an encoding artifact......

Thanks, for the funk compliment.

The vocals are super dry, because its just recorded into a sm57 in my dorm room, with just a tad of high end EQ added, and some light compression. I'm suprised it doesn't sound awful. A 57 into a crappy behringer into a philips sound card.

You probably mean the drums at the end I guess. Well, yeah those totally sound wierd, I'm not sure if I like it. They got to sound like that cause its a sample that I took from a song, because its a really friendly sounding part. Well, to match it up to the rest of the song, I had to super slow it down with pro tools time expansion. I did it with the rythm accuracy all the way up, and sound way down. It sounds almost like there is a flanger or something on it.

The drums don't seem to, um, I dont know, I think its just the kick drum timing. Is it a drum machine, if so your totally forgiven. Nice listening though.

The first section's drums are a loop of my keyboard drums that I just played by hand. The second section is the super slowed down sample.

yeah that second section has the wierd effect i was talking about...if thats the sound you were after thats fine....just kinda stands out.....

I thought it was a pretty fun listen. The low end seems a little muddy - but it could be my crappy headphones - the bass needs to stand out from the keys a little. I think your vocals aren't so bad, but it sounds like your trying to sing a little out of your range. Personally, I like the flanged drum sound at the end. A little grainy but cool.

yeah, the low end is one of the problems I don't know how to deal with. Maybe I should cut some low end out of the piano? I don't know if I like the second section drums, but they are pretty interesting.

Back