Atomicburn

SuperGeek

This is a track i recorded for the band called Atomicburn

Playing live at home.

Its called "Trip Song"

For eather your listing pleasure :D or torture :eek:

Have fun :p

man...that sounds like it was a headache to mix.

suggestions. just my opinions.

1. snare - i'd like a little more meat on it, thicker, a mid to low end 'thwap' maybe(that's an engineering term in spanish) .might help bring it out front more.
2. synth - i'd like to hear that pulled back just a tad, tucked in a little more. I can't tell if you did it, but maybe some panning here and there to psychodelic-ize the effect more (what?)
3. kick - i'd like a tad more kick. I like the tone once the bass comes in with it - but when it's alone at the beginning, it feels like it needs a tad more low end. But when the bass comes in, they marry up nicely.
4. good job on the temp0 changes...the first time it goes to slow down, i though the drummer messed up.

i need some tylenol...

cholo

Thanks for the reply

man...that sounds like it was a headache to mix.

suggestions. just my opinions.

1. snare - i'd like a little more meat on it, thicker, a mid to low end 'thwap' maybe(that's an engineering term in spanish) .might help bring it out front more.
2. synth - i'd like to hear that pulled back just a tad, tucked in a little more. I can't tell if you did it, but maybe some panning here and there to psychodelic-ize the effect more (what?)
3. kick - i'd like a tad more kick. I like the tone once the bass comes in with it - but when it's alone at the beginning, it feels like it needs a tad more low end. But when the bass comes in, they marry up nicely.
4. good job on the temp0 changes...the first time it goes to slow down, i though the drummer messed up.

i need some tylenol...

cholo

Thanks for the info

Hope your headache goes away :p

here is what i used :eek: just in case your wondering

The tracks were recorded with 2x apex 180 small condensers for drum over head
The Hi Hat was a EV ND478 (some mixdowns this track was not needed)
The Snare was a EV ND478
The kick was a Shure beta 52A
The Bass used a Klark Teknik DN100 active direct box phantom powered
The guitar used a Klark Teknik DN100 active direct box phantom powered placed after the FX pedels
The key board was given two channels direct to the FF800 (custom cable was used)

The audio interface was a RME-Audio FireFace 800 and the other mic channels were supplied by
A RME-Audio Octamix D a 8 channel mic to adat interface that was pluged into the adat port1
On the FF800.
Recorded on a P4 with Tracktion
monitors for the band were EV ZX1's on a alto mac 2.2 amp
hooked to the FF800
the control area was using Yorkville YSm1p's
also hooked into the FF800

thats what i used

:p There were no snake's injured during the recording of this track :p

Cool tune Geek....sounds pretty good. I can make out all teh instruments pretty well, and this is a busy style. Pretty interesting stuff.....I have no idea what you'd really call it, but it's kinda fun. :D

Very interesting tune, I enjoyed listening.
I rather agree with elcholo's suggestions concerning the mix.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah that opening synth is ear-splitting. It stays that way throughout. I had to turn it way down to keep my dogs from freaking out. :eek: :p

Besides that, I'd just recommend working on the drums more. I really like the general beat and timing changes, but they sound very raw. Too raw for this genre. The hats and cymbals are kinda sloppy sounding. I basically agree with the other comments about the drums.

Thank for the input

Thanks for the input

At least I have a good idea now what needs to done.

Good to have other sets of ears

Work in progress :p

Thanks SG

Back