Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April Song (second attempt) :D

Thanks

April Song (second attempt) :D

Sign in to disable this ad
    My mellow April song.

Check it out, you should be able do download it here:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1454&alid=-1

(I had to delete March song and Whistler's Revenge to make some room...)

Thanks

Thumbs up

killer!

I'll give the critical listen later.. this is a great piece of music, and the recording kicks ass!

Thanks
    this is very nice. so good that it makes me want to try and do this kind of stuff. I really like it VERY much. I feel that it IS mellow, but yet, it wants to just KICK BUTT at anytime, and leaves you just sitting, grinding your teeth. The guitar sound is one of the nicer clean sounds I have heard around here too. You really put some effort and right some very musical stuff. No two verse quickies which I seemed doomed to do for the rest of my life. There are many little items mixwise...like the panning, delays, nice organ sounds, and powerful gtr sounds, that don't just overwhelm the rest of the song and the other instruments. Great job.

Thanks

Thumbs up

You need to play this live in a band!
    When you do, let me know where and when!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Very nice instrumental. I liked this alot. Well worth the download, even at 56K. The mix sounded great thru my monitors. Great guitar tones and playing. Very progressive, good work. Listening to this stuff will make me get off my lazy ass.
    Myx
    If it works, don't fix it...

Thanks
    the 2nd movement, the acoustic bridge and interlude for 3rd movement, to the resolve...very exciting and controlled, lotsa much cool...
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    Ya' know......................I don't hear a ton of tunes from you but everything I have heard was first-rate. This is a very pro-sounding recording and the playing is too.
    I don't really have any mix comments 'cause it sounds so good.
    Nice, nice job.

Thanks
    Awww... thank you guys, you're too kind. This is my own favourite at the moment (well, the new one's usually the favourite ). I'm glad you liked it too. I had some mellow chord-sections lying around and I decided to create a song from them, rather than doing the old "heavy-mellow-heavy" song again. I guess this has a bit of that element too, but it's mainly supposed to be mellow mixed with something slightly weird (at least that fast paced part). I was trying to get some spring-feel for the song. Like snow melting (is that the right word?).. kind of a transformation.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    I really can't find a thing to complain about with this mix.. I thought some of the later solos around 7:40 were a bit loud, but it was only certain notes that jumped out.. was that a comb filter delay type thing?

O.K. maybe it seemed like the snare got a bit lost sometimes, but I always mix the drums too loud..

anyway, great stuff Crankij!

Thanks
    Originally posted by B.SABBATH
    I really can't find a thing to complain about with this mix.. I thought some of the later solos around 7:40 were a bit loud, but it was only certain notes that jumped out.. was that a comb filter delay type thing?

O.K. maybe it seemed like the snare got a bit lost sometimes, but I always mix the drums too loud..

anyway, great stuff Crankij!
    You may be right about the too loud solos. I tend to mix them too loud sometimes to get them more upfront. I guess I should spend more time with EQ

Oh, now I know what you mean. Those backward-echo clean guitar ringing things at about 7:37 onwards. Especially at 8:01 & 8:04... Some of them sounded too loud. I noticed it myself, but I was too lazy to do anything about it

Thread Information