April Song (second attempt) :D

A very well written and thought out piece!
The guitars take on an array of flavors and the entire thing flows like gin.

Is it just me Cranky or did you have your drums out front more on previous tunes? I know you change sounds and are always searching but lately they have had a wimpier tone and snap than I remember some of your old stuff had.

Don't get me wrong as I can't even achieve crap for drums but you have always been the best "non real" drum programmer on this board and I am curious if I am missing something.

Nice job
Joel

Back from the dead(3rd page)!!!I hope April is a hot chick.You could definately get some head for this one.Mix is good.Levels ok.Neat Key sounds!And of course the drums and the guits,right on!

Needs vox!

Needs vox!

Needs Vox!!

...did I mention it needed vox?Where you at B.Sab?

jcmm said:
A very well written and thought out piece!
The guitars take on an array of flavors and the entire thing flows like gin.

Is it just me Cranky or did you have your drums out front more on previous tunes? I know you change sounds and are always searching but lately they have had a wimpier tone and snap than I remember some of your old stuff had.

Don't get me wrong as I can't even achieve crap for drums but you have always been the best "non real" drum programmer on this board and I am curious if I am missing something.

Nice job
Joel

I used a different snare sound than usually. I guess I didn't want it to sound too heavy, since the song was meant to be more relaxed.

Of course, if you're talking about my other latest tunes, you might be right. When I'm trying out different sounds, sometimes the mixing quality kinda goes back a few step :D I guess it's the same with guitar sounds. It's not always easy to hear how the mix is turning out to be, but when comparing to other songs that I've done, I've noticed the mixing quality doesn't always go forward on all fronts, you know :D

W.I.S.C. said:
Back from the dead(3rd page)!!!I hope April is a hot chick.You could definately get some head for this one.Mix is good.Levels ok.Neat Key sounds!And of course the drums and the guits,right on!

Needs vox!... etc. :D

I guess this would be a good "chick song" :D Too bad there's no April-chick , since it's only a "month-song", but ... anyway.. there's always some chick out there that I'm subconsciously trying to impress :D :D

Back