Apologies Marilyn Manson

Bulls Hit

I guess I was influenced by Marilyn Manson back in the day. This beat seemed to lead me down that track. Is it balanced?
This is an early mix so looking for feedback on anything that pokes out too much

Edit this is pretty much where it's landed arrangement and mix wise...

Dropbox - DiatonicMix.mp3 - Simplify your life

Last edited:
like the overall concept of the song... feels like it hasn't reached its full potential yet imho. Some of the electronic sounds from like 0:11 - 0:25 make it feel a bit... cheap? You have a good deep bass synth though that drives through the song.

The high-pitched "yeah"s sounds like you're not taking the song seriously. Like you're making fun of it or something; it just sounds like an ironic delivery.

As usual, I like your dirty, lo-fi synths and drums.

like the overall concept of the song... feels like it hasn't reached its full potential yet imho. Some of the electronic sounds from like 0:11 - 0:25 make it feel a bit... cheap? You have a good deep bass synth though that drives through the song.

Cheap? Haha yeah well maybe. I'll see if I can warm them up some. I agree about the potential. Seems like it's lacking some power or something. Thanks for the feedback

The high-pitched "yeah"s sounds like you're not taking the song seriously. Like you're making fun of it or something; it just sounds like an ironic delivery.

As usual, I like your dirty, lo-fi synths and drums.

Yah it's kind of hard to get too emotional about a guitar pedal. Although I do love this pedal but lyrics and vocal have never been the long suit. Thanks for the listen Steve

OK, there seemed to be some mud in the bass drums or bass or everything in that lower area. But it wasn't in the whole mix.

I have been hearing a lot of really great stuff on this board. I really like how "crazy" the song is. But clean those drums up a bit and it sounds awesome!

OK, there seemed to be some mud in the bass drums or bass or everything in that lower area. But it wasn't in the whole mix.

I have been hearing a lot of really great stuff on this board. I really like how "crazy" the song is. But clean those drums up a bit and it sounds awesome!

Yeah I ended up replacing the kick with a sample as it just wasn't working at all. Thanks DM, appreciate the feedback

Back