Anyone know about i tunes EQ settings

Chris Jahn

Everything ive posted has been converted to a 320 mp3 and sent to i tunes which is were i select my files from when posting on lightning.

THE PROBLEM:ive had the "rock" eq setting on i tunes the whole time, does this effect the song you send out, or does it jsut effect the song when listening to it from i tunes, same goes for burning a cd from itunes, does the eq setting cary over?

Cuz this would obviously be effecting the sound of what im sending out, the "rock" preset is a big nasty scooped eq.

But mabye it doest cary over, anyone know for sure??

Chris Jahn said:
Everything ive posted has been converted to a 320 mp3 and sent to i tunes which is were i select my files from when posting on lightning.

THE PROBLEM:ive had the "rock" eq setting on i tunes the whole time, does this effect the song you send out, or does it jsut effect the song when listening to it from i tunes, same goes for burning a cd from itunes, does the eq setting cary over?

Cuz this would obviously be effecting the sound of what im sending out, the "rock" preset is a big nasty scooped eq.

But mabye it doest cary over, anyone know for sure??
Am I understanding this correctly? You're EQ'ing your songs with an ITUNES pre-set???

NO NO NO, im not eqing my songs in itunes, when i convert my songs to mp3s to send them to lightningmp3 to post them here, the converted mp3s (from logic) go to i tunes and thats were i grab them from when i upload a file to lightning.

In itunes you have a bunch of consumer pre-set eq's jsut like on a bad boom box, and as it turns out mine was set to "rock" when i would want NO eq at all, and my real question was does this stupid setting translate over when you send or copy the file somwhere, or does it just effect the song when playing back from i-tunes.

which NL5 answered no to, mabye someone else can confirm this and then i can breathe easy (or just turn it off)

Compare the MP3 to the WAV. I don't think any media player would destructively apply EQ to any songs, so I'm sure it's just for playback.

The eq on Itunes does not affect your file, only the sound when its played through Itunes with eq settings on.

danny.guitar said:
Compare the MP3 to the WAV. I don't think any media player would destructively apply EQ to any songs, so I'm sure it's just for playback.

Agreed... :)

Back