Anyone else doing the "cover another member's tune" thing?

LOL....All the controversy over which "challenge" would go forward kinda' made me think that there'd be more than 3 tunes. hehehehe...

The advantage to the 1.5 hr. challenge is that, well, you only needed 1.5 hours, lol.

I'm gonna' go drag up that thread and flame everybody :D :D :D

I would love to, next year. Translate something by Chris....seems funny, given his style :)

np: December (beautiful, Chris! Nice violin work, can I ask you whenever I need a violin?)

Pedullist said:
can I ask you whenever I need a violin?)
Thanks...but if I played violin (or ANYTHING) that well, I'd be touring with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, lol. The violin was played by David Kempers ("DavidK"). Beware, though...he has a tendency to repeatedly request sexual favors for his fiddling services. I mean, I do what I have to, but still... :D :D

Well, I'm at the other end of the pond so the closest thing I can offer him is phone sex (I'm amazing at phone sex). Or set up a webcam and play with myself a little... LOL :D

I am planning on doing it.. But might be a few weeks late... I have 2 bands on the go, both recording... And, not to mention, a 30 gig HDD that is at 28.7......

Etc, Etc...

Yeah, Yeah Excuses.... Hehe

Watch for mine in the coming weeks.

Joe

chrisharris said:
LOL....All the controversy over which "challenge" would go forward kinda' made me think that there'd be more than 3 tunes.
I'm gonna' go drag up that thread and flame everybody :D :D :D

After all the debates, voting, yakking and general effort trying to include everybody, I was figuring on seeing maybe 20-30 challenge posts. Oh well...theres still a few days left. I bet we see maybe three more--ya think?

Yeah, Chris, I'm heating up my blowtorch and I'll be right there with ya! :D:D:D

I've already got the May Challenge figured out. Submit nothing will be the category! :D However, you may do a cover of somebody elses version of nothing if you want. Just don't copy an existing piece of nothing without getting permission. I guess an original nothing is OK too, but I gotta run it by partypants and maybe do a poll, just to make sure its alright with everybody. :D Love and kisses, Crawdad...

crawdad said:

I've already got the May Challenge figured out. Submit nothing will be the category! :D

Now there's a challenge that I will most surely excel in!:D

I missed the original post , unless this is it, I guess I still missed it....is there a deadline to it? is it really a 1.5 hour thing...then i'd be toast!! But if it was ok, I'd like to try to do Chris's song " It ain't easy being me" if it was ok with him.
jason

JasonBird said:
I missed the original post , unless this is it, I guess I still missed it....is there a deadline to it? is it really a 1.5 hour thing...then i'd be toast!! But if it was ok, I'd like to try to do Chris's song " It ain't easy being me" if it was ok with him.
jason

It's not the 1.5...it's the cover another members tune challenge.Post it between march 5-10.Im sure some will fudge past the deadline just a little bit.This is the thread about it:
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=78966

JasonBird said:
jason

yeah thats fine....we decided about a month ago to try a clinic wide "cover another members song" challenge deal....you got all the time it takes ...we were supposed to post them this week thats why you see so many all of a sudden....but whenever you get done its always cool to hear what someone comes up with!

Jamal Bucket said:
oops we posted at the same time!...

lol

jamal

LOL....OK,you can have the clinic for the rest of the night.Just be sure and turn out all the lights and lock the door when you get ready to leave.:D

Back