Any thoughts on this mix

Stavencrows

I've finally got round to adding a beat to this tune. I took some of what Pinky said on board and ended up with an odd start beat followed by some standard stuff. Any opinions?

Ok, it's fixed, sorry, I have been drinkin and I have nothing better to do.

Ok, some of the overtones of the strings are muddying up the mix.
Nice tempochange, MIDI is a word that comes to mind.
the piano is not clean like a real recording could be.
Weird production, not bad by any means.

It seem sto have not a lot put into it so it's not really standing on it's own I would imagine.
In a good playlist it could be perfect.

yeah - MIDI! I hate my mixes for it. Piano, I could record a real one - probably sound less macabre(spelling?) what do you mean about the strings?

oh and....

fuck you you fucking fuck I've had 82 a+r people telling me my stuff's great and 1000 good reviews and 22 people paying for my mixes....oh ok..(just need the reply count)

Stavencrows said:
yeah - MIDI! I hate my mixes for it. Piano, I could record a real one - probably sound less macabre(spelling?) what do you mean about the strings?

oh and....

fuck you you fucking fuck I've had 82 a+r people telling me my stuff's great and 1000 good reviews and 22 people paying for my mixes....oh ok..(just need the reply count)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well, I would concentrate on referencing the strings against a classical CD of some sort that has the qualities you want to emulate.

Then stress the frequencies that the strings don't. That doesn't mean take the vocal and boost it around the string frequencies, make compromises in both tracks to make them fit.

i wish i was into that kind of music and then i would be able to give you more of an opinion. i did get that midi vibe....I'm also listening through headphones so all i can say is that it sounds like it needs a little more stereo imaging....it didnt seem muddy to me...but like i said...i got headphones on

I kind of get what you mean - do you think this is a performance thing or should I alter the levels in the mix?

as for reference - I should be listening to someting more suitable - I mean Gorillaz??? I blame them

distortedrumble said:
it sounds like it needs a little more stereo imaging

the bassoon and flute are supposed to be conversing with one another(god I feel like a **** writing that) so I've panned them but maybe I should make it more obvious.

hey....i only listened to it once lol. if you got instruments talking to each other....that may take me a little more time cause i dont speak bassoon or flute

Back