Any suggestions? MP3 review

Cross303

I need to start getting my mixes to the next level!

This is a current draft (ex vocals). Let me know anything that comes to mind here. This is a typical sounding song for my band (Sonny Bomber).

I'm working in Acid Pro with the stock plug ins.

I liked the snare sound. Nice crack to it.

The bass at the beginning is a bit muddy and undefined. I think a well placed EQ cut, maybe somewhere just north of 300hz, might help out.

The guitar (I think it's a guitar) that comes in at :44 sounds flat compared to the other instruments.

When things kick in at 1:26, it's kind of a mess. There's just too much going on and everything is fighting for attention.

I liked that guitar that comes in for a few seconds at 3:06. Boxy sounding, but it fit well.

Wow.

First off, not a fan of the snare sound, but thats just personal opinion, sounds quality is good.

Really like the ambient guits, on that note during the climaxes, there seems to be almost too much going on, maybe you could create some space with panning, or maybe dynamic changes, allowing some of the tracks be underlying instead of all fighting for their spot in the front.

Tone wise things sound great, am interested in hearing it with vox.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make some changes and relink in the future. If you like the feel, please check out some other stuff on our site.
Sonnybomber.com. I'm working on setting it up but there's a bunch of songs posted. Gotta love having a second job (aka diy band).

Pretty good tune, hope you can get some good vocals in there.
I dig the snare sound, it fits. The mix sounds pretty good, but my only nit would be the fizzy guitars. I hear a wish-woosh phasyness when they come in.
Hope you post the complete version.

I like it. Very trippy. I agree with joyem, Needs vox, and the "big" guitar bits are too fuzzy and distant.

This is a good recording. What struck me immediately was the snare. You've got some type of delay/echo/verb on the snare that bounces off the wall and hits the right channel only. Kinda cool, but wierd at the same time, and makes the snare sound disconnected from the rest of the kit, at least to me.

I agree with others that during the climactic portions it gets a bit busy and somewhat muddy. Looking forward to your revisions.

20 posts since 2005 & not much in the way of interaction across them Mr Cross.
I'm listening to the 1st link. Starts of like a soundtrack to a Post Apocalyptic movie.
The "chorus" sections are pretty well saturated & it's hard to find definition for instruments within them.
I'd like to hear a This is not a love song era John Lydon vocal across this.
The quiet section keys are a bit been there done that cheese whizz - they sound fine when not as naked.
Spend some time to comment on other folk mate. It'll do your soul good.

Thanks for the feedback. I do a lot of reading on the forums but not much critiquing. I leave that up to the ones with something meaningful to say! Haha. I and many others appreciate your taking the time.

Back