any mixing advice or any other advice is greatly appreciated

Hello, listening "China Note" it was an amazing mix until the vocals started... they are completely out of tune... man, the instruments sounded fantastic... how you didn't notice the vocals? well... that's my only critic.

I was listening the other songs and i think (and pretty confident to say) China Note is your best job on the instrumental mix. The vocals are out of tune in every track.

Regards.

Hello, listening "China Note" it was an amazing mix until the vocals started... they are completely out of tune... man, the instruments sounded fantastic... how you didn't notice the vocals? well... that's my only critic.

I was listening the other songs and i think (and pretty confident to say) China Note is your best job on the instrumental mix. The vocals are out of tune in every track.

Regards.

+1 on that.

If you like to sing get autotune. NOT just to use on the mix, record your vocal, put pitch correct on it, then sing along to the track thats in pitch, you can then practice/learn how to stay in better pitch.

Mix: bass is a bit boomy (100hz-300 maybe) to me, otherwise instruments are pretty clear.

kk

thanks for all the responses, we don't really have a singer so our guitarist has been practicing, the autotuning and singing along sounds like a damn good idea tho, we are just against doing things in recordings we can't play live. other than that thanks for letting me know about the instrumental mixes, gonna just start working on vocals now.

thanks for all the responses, we don't really have a singer so our guitarist has been practicing, the autotuning and singing along sounds like a damn good idea tho, we are just against doing things in recordings we can't play live. other than that thanks for letting me know about the instrumental mixes, gonna just start working on vocals now.
I'd just echo what's been said, and add further that you guys need to find a vocalist, bad. I don't think I could listen to these vocals for very long. Get someone who can sing and it will improve your sound 1000%.

is it the vocal melodies or the vocals themselves that you guys don't like so much? and what kind of voice would better fit this? we really want to start playing and feel we are there instrumentally but we need to get this voice stuff down

Id have to agree with everyone else...you've got a good instrumental sound then it sounds like someones just having a laugh wailing over them (dont let him read this ;) )

its not the melody its the fact when he hits a note in tune it sounds like its probably an accident...

I dont think his tone is great for it either...mind you I have heard worse but generally the music is bad as well...when its pretty good like yours is, it just makes the bad vocals stand out more

sorry :o

is it the vocal melodies or the vocals themselves that you guys don't like so much? and what kind of voice would better fit this? we really want to start playing and feel we are there instrumentally but we need to get this voice stuff down
Anyone who can sing in tune would be a big improvement. No offense, but some people just can't sing. Instead of forcing the issue, just find someone who can. In spite of the good instrumentals, the singing will drive people away. Get a good vocalist, and your sound will go from awful to really good in about 2 nano-seconds.

Back