Another song...thx for feedback

Hey T214-
You had a nice plethora of sounds and some good ideas in there. How many guitars did you use on that song (not guitar parts, actual instruments:)) and did you use a Taylor 214?

H2H

Hard2hear,

Thanks for listening and for your feedback! I used a Seagull S12 12 string for most of the piece including major rhythm parts, a 91 PRS CE24, a Takamine classical, and bottomed out with Aria bassguitar. I didn't use the Taylor 214, mostly the 12 string. I had just bought the 12 string at that time and came up with the main progression for this song while trying out the guitar at the store! :-)
So, 3 guitars and bass to create the mood i wanted in the song.

Again, thanks!

You ever listen to Phil Keaggy? If you havent you should, I think you'd really like his music. The feel of your song really reminded me of his arrangement style.

H2H

H2H,

I'm embarrased to say that i haven't heard anything from Phil Keaggy. However, i sure will look him up. This is the music one comes up with sitting in the basement for long periods of time. :-)

Thanks for the note! BTW, i had once added my taylor 214 guitar to this song, but removed the track. It didn't add anything as i used it to follow some parts of the 12 string rhythm, and found it muddied the parts a bit. Maybe it's my lack of recording finesse that did it.

taylor214.

Back