Another New song

Cool jam man.

The mix sounds like it's doing some compression pumping. I'm listening on headphones and I'm pretty tired (and maybe a little intoxicated still) so I don't know. I'm just listening for fun. Thanks for the jam!

Tom

HevyD47Ca said:
I Know.........
I'll do an instrumental
so I don't get s_c'd:)
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2989&alid=-1

I wrote this just last night.............
I could have posted earlier but I had to do yard work

i am beginning to notice a trend here. people post their stuff with the preface of "i just wrote this" or "i just threw this together" or "this is really rough"... yeah, right. if you don't have the courage to just say that it is your best attempt, then don't post anything.

anyway, this song is oatmeal. for those of you who have been keeping up, you will know what this means.

also, get a metronome. play to a click track. do whatever it takes...

bdbd's

thanks guys.
maybe my son will follow me into music.
another 7 of those nuggets and coke and I got a happy meal!!

Re: Re: Another New song

super_critic said:
i am beginning to notice a trend here. people post their stuff with the preface of "i just wrote this" or "i just threw this together" or "this is really rough"... yeah, right. if you don't have the courage to just say that it is your best attempt, then don't post anything.

anyway, this song is oatmeal. for those of you who have been keeping up, you will know what this means.

also, get a metronome. play to a click track. do whatever it takes...

Oh shut it you old bag. People make something and post it here ASAP, obviously.

Why would someone be here forever and just all of the sudden post something they've had all along.

I think it's you who is pissed your long thought out stuff isn't as good as people here "throwing things together".

Re: Re: Re: Another New song

RSM1000 said:
Oh shut it you old bag. People make something and post it here ASAP, obviously.

Why would someone be here forever and just all of the sudden post something they've had all along.

I think it's you who is pissed your long thought out stuff isn't as good as people here "throwing things together".

*yawn*

lookin past the the fact that you did sorta toss it together real fast and haven`t spent a lot of time on the structure, but just listening to the individual parts.... and the idea as to where the tune is going.. You could raise a real monster jam out of this, some of these upbeat guitar blues mashers should listen to where this thing could go. Some lyrics later into the tune with short verses, would be cool.

The pic of the studio is auight. Can get to the back of the box easy.. But the pitch on that shelf overhead is just plain damn scary man :)

Love the studio, a lot like mine :).

Some cool riifs. Nice guitar tones. The guitar on the right sounds a little too "room mic'd" in the mix. No real complaint on the mix in general.

Doug H
Thanx for the encouragement.
I think this is not the Final ver. of this one.

Yo Toki
Thats the way I feel about this one.
I forsee some dual vocals emerging on the final mix.
and some retracking for the guit parts.

I like the loose feel of it right now.
Will endevour to keep that feeling.

Catchy tune,nice guitar playing.
I dig the change ups.

Defintly going to sound good with your growley vocals!
Slide would be cool.

Looking foward to the next take,
Pete

boogie down ....boogie down....!!

..this sounded like a blast! ....and was fun listen man...

...........boogie down, boogie down:)

Back