another new one: "Michael's House"

GONZO-X

Michaels House -1 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

here's a first mix of the vocal version of this song.

this is an uptempo, but groovy rock thing,
lots of fun guitar stuff,
some pretty wide open vocals.

i think the vox level needs to come down, to match the guitars,
which i think are more in line with the drums and bass.

bass line might be a bit too upfront,
but the louder you play it, the more it seems right.

guitar rhythms might be a bit too light.

being first mix,
i'm kinda on the fence with it,
open to suggestions.

Listened on computer...I like to hear the VOX so I think they are fine.....Everything sits pretty well. Just nit pick the mix if you want but it sounds great to me

Mix sounds good on phones. Vocals are great. My only nit is with the drums. The hats are too swishy, and the overall effect is kinda plasticky - they don't sound like a real drummer drumming. I've heard your other stuff with rock solid drum sounds, maybe you're trying something different here. Otherwise sounds real good

Listened on computer...I like to hear the VOX so I think they are fine.....Everything sits pretty well. Just nit pick the mix if you want but it sounds great to me
vox good, check!
it's tricky to decide, cuz it's different everytime i listen to it.
sometimes i like the vox, sometimes i dont,
i'll get it dialed in.

Mix sounds good on phones. Vocals are great. My only nit is with the drums. The hats are too swishy, and the overall effect is kinda plasticky - they don't sound like a real drummer drumming. I've heard your other stuff with rock solid drum sounds, maybe you're trying something different here. Otherwise sounds real good

phones, check. it's hard getting the translation right for both loudspeakers and cans...

now, the kit is superior drummer 3, and all the kit pieces are real drums.
but i have at least 5 other hats i could try, different sizes, and the drums have some treble bite on them i added for clarity,
maybe that's where the plastic is coming from...
or, it's just the crappy soundcloud streaming, i can hear the artifacts immediately upon streaming,
so i know that is crudding it up a bit as well.

the double kick drum, i have throughout, i have played with drummers that can easily play that part,
but i was thinking of editing some of the doubles out, maybe that will help too.

Back