Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Demo

Thanks

Another Demo

Sign in to disable this ad
    hey all...just thought i would share this with you..

the second song down "Reality"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=2393/singles

i added it to my nowhere radio singles page so you can stream it and you wont have to waste time or space d/ling to your puter

my previous excuses apply

also...i played it way too fast....so it comes off as sort of a punk tune,,,but hey..maybe thats a good thing since i suck so much

also..i know the guitar solo sucks,,,but...

one day the perfectionist in me will kick in and i will get serious about getting a good solid groove down before i do anything else

so your comments are welcome...i cant take it like a man this time...
    It's all in the reflexes.

Thanks
    *sigh*

it seems like folks see my name and avoid my threads/songs like the plague...

cant say i blame them though

Thanks
    the idea for your tune is pretty darn good here to me. The picking was pretty tight too. The level of the the crunch rythym is very dominant over everything else throughout most the song on my listen. I couldnt hear a lot of the vocal, some of the drums stuff got washed over. The bass sounds like it has a precision pickup in it or its one of those P basses. that type pickup can get really thwacky thwack on some notes and still not have a lot of body. I like a little more tone on the bass with a little less attack. The drums stuff was souning pretty good but lacked that fraction of a second instant where you hear the stick touch the head, that can give you a little more definition and let them cut through. I think you got your parts squared away well, just some tweakin in the mix levels to make them balance and compliment each other a little more might be your cross to bear, as it is mine. I did enjoy the listen. I try to learn something from everything...
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks

Cool

i remember you last one...the recording was a bit raw, but the writing was really good......

I cant listen right now...past my curfew

but i PROMISE I will be back to listen and comment

MIKE

Thanks
    Well, if everyone is avoiding your posts I'll make it a point to drop in whenever you post a new song. Not a bad tune...I agree with Toki on most of what was said. The guitar seems to overpower the vox and even the drums to the point where they drop out. It's a strong performance. I think balancing those levels in the mix could make it stronger.

Thanks

Smile

hey...thanks for the all feedback...i wish i could use all those suggestions..but i cant since all i have is a four track and i already dumped the tune to record another...which is almost done..

i need to pick me up some extra zip disks so i can record multiple tunes without having to delete others to make room...

but again..thanks for listen and feedback....

i hope to get another mic(i only have one), find the time to practice to get rid of the rust and then i will get serious about recording a good solid drum part..as well as the other instruments

The bass sounds like it has a precision pickup in it or its one of those P basses

you are right on the money..its a new york pro...which is a cheap p bass copy

..i am a little buzzed right now..

Thanks
    cool rythym ...the mix needs work...but so do the pipes under my house we'll just see which gets done first!!!..lol...i like the "underground" feel i know it wasnt intentional but a product of the mix..HOWEVER it would work with a bit of tinkering and still keep the "raw" feel to this....

keep em coming..
    jamal

Thanks
    i like it bobavader. very trashy sounding. i remember that you're budget constrained and still using tape i think so i'm gonna offer some advice that you might not hear a lot around these parts.

don't change much. just stick with this and keep writing music. if you start buying things, it's and endless road to nowhere but broke!

you could use a little leveling out in your vocals. i think you might be able to accomplish that with technique rather than a compressor. buying a compressor would be easier but technique is a better road. that's all i have to offer really. work on the vocals. the rest is fine.

Thanks

Re: Another Demo

Originally posted by Bob A. Vader
    i played it way too fast....so it comes off as sort of a punk tune

it sure does, but I like it!

I'm hearing a lot of distortion in the vocals in certain spots, and it also sounds very mono.. Did you have a Tremolo effect on the guitar?

I did enjoy the song, but there are quite a few problems as pointed out..

I just read that you can't change it, so just keep some comments in mind for the next time..

cool song..

Thanks
    Ditto what the others said. Decent song, needs some work, even though you dont have much gear.

Thread Information