Another Covid Quarantine cover- Psycho Killer

Hey strat!

I used to listen to these guys a ton, so I'm pretty familiar with both the live and studio version of this. While I normally loathe chorus on guitars, this was the one band where it made sense to me. I think you captured the essence of the guitar parts very well, even the warbling lead part towards the end.

Tina Weymouth was such a great bassist back then imo. Simple, punchy lines that just move the song along without distracting from it. I think you did well with that part too.

I'm listening on phones through a laptop, so can't get too into the tones and finer points, but I think the vocals here sit fine. It's a bit jarring at first to hear them double tracked and wide panned, but as I recall, you often did vocals that way, and it's always good to put your own stamp on a cover.

Enjoyed the listen!

The original is so hard-pressed into me, it's difficult to fully appreciate a good cover. lol. But good cover it is. I thought everything was in a good place and balanced. My only one nit would be the effects on the vocals. I'd like to hear them a little drier. But you know, personal preference and all.

yeah man.

heatmiser - Yeah huge fan myself of The Talking Heads/David Byrne ...if there is one thing I was pleased with was the bass track I was able to play on this...I tend to play a very busy sloppy "guitar player playing bass" bass , but I think I did ok on this one. I dont know why, probably my insecurities of my vocals, but I just tend to like them wide and to the sides :p. Thanks for listening!
Chili Cool, thanks man, yup , as above , I have a hard time letting my vocals stand on their own...need to get over it :>)
talismanrich Thanks , early 80s punk feel is definitely the vibe I wanted on this!
Bulls Hit Cool, yeah I like that guitar tone for this type of thing....that french part though..need to practice that if my band is actually going to attempt this live as Im the one thats going to have to sing it..(gulp)

Back