"America, F**k Yeah!" - listen and critique please

Greg_L

Banned
This is the theme song from the movie "Team America: World Police". It's a tongue-in-cheek song about America being pretty high on itself, and I'm proud to be one of the knuckleheads that thinks that way. :)

Warning: very explicit lyrics. If youre at work, I probably wouldn't advise playing this loud - if at all.

Any comments welcome - good or bad. Thanks.

Window Media cannot play the file because the server is not responding......

I'll try later.....

I just want to say that I'm not ignoring you Greg...But I refuse to listen to any "Up with Ameirca" type songs....No offense...I'll wait intil your next one.

RAMI said:
I just want to say that I'm not ignoring you Greg...But I refuse to listen to any "Up with Ameirca" type songs....No offense...I'll wait intil your next one.
There's always that 'Bu$h Nazi' thing over there.

Haha, well whether you're down with america or not it's still funny how this song represents their cocky attitude. This is pretty much making fun of america if you ask me (I'm canadian :D ). Anyway, yeah this was pretty funny in the movie. Big tits, FUC*K YEAH! Music sounds pretty good, just sounds to me like the entire music track is a little low in volume and behind compared to the vox. Maybe raise the vox best freq. some, lower that on the music track, then bring down the vox volume... blend them a little better, give the backing track more punch. Anyway, funny stuff :cool:

F**uck Yeah!! Sounds good, I love the part........mcdonalds, walmart.....slavery......F*Ck yeah! it's hilarious.I do agree about the vocals too but anyway good stuff.

RAMI said:
Haha. It's not really an 'up with America' song. It's satirical. It's a joke. It's tongue-in-cheek. It's us making fun of ourselves. It's all in good fun.

But that's okay. I respect your opinion, and I do look forward to your critiques. Maybe next time. :)

Thanks for the input everyone else. I'll play with the vocals more and see what I can do. Listening this morning with fresh ears, they do sound a little harsh and loud.

Thanks again. I appreciate the comments.

Can't find server.
The problem with irony is that the average GI punter doesn't understand it so they take it as read & said. Like with Born In The USA by Bwuce Wingscreen & Keep On Rockin in the Free World by Shakey.
Kind of like when all the jocks got into Nirvana.
Some times taking the piss ends up giving you wet pants.
Funny movie though.
Remember, 1812 left a lot of scars in Canada.

I've always wanted to hear a cover of this! :D

I LOVED IT! Great work man

The mix is pretty good, like the others said the vocals could use some verb and are sounding a tad dry.

Keep it up man

rayc said:
Can't find server.
The problem with irony is that the average GI punter doesn't understand it so they take it as read & said. Like with Born In The USA by Bwuce Wingscreen & Keep On Rockin in the Free World by Shakey.
Kind of like when all the jocks got into Nirvana.
Some times taking the piss ends up giving you wet pants.
Funny movie though.
Remember, 1812 left a lot of scars in Canada.
Well, I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone. I just think it's a funny song and a good reason to shout 'fuck yeah' over and over and over. :p

sowpunk - thanks for the feedback. i appreciate it.

heres a new version for anyone interested after some vocal tweaking:

Greg_L said:
Haha. It's not really an 'up with America' song. It's satirical. It's a joke. It's tongue-in-cheek. It's us making fun of ourselves. It's all in good fun.

But that's okay. I respect your opinion, and I do look forward to your critiques. Maybe next time. :)
OHH, I might have misunderstood your post, then. I'll check it out later for sure. I like satire. :p

Last edited:
This is great! I never heard this before, so I can't compare it with the original. The "Fuck Yeah's" gang vocals sound awesome. I wish the drums came up a bit, the guitars sound good. Everything sounds good, actually, just find the drums slightly too low. Cool song and good production all around, Greg.

Man, I can see those dudes dancing around to this with one of those cool looks on their face... :D

Song sounds pretty good to me...very well mixed. Great guitar tone for this..it fits well man.

Back