Amapola

Cool - I think the reverb/echo draw out long enough between phrases but the foldback is subtle which is nice.
Tone is good - you could use an infinite variety in this case as it's solo guitar, but this one works for me.

The recording sounded fine. I will be honest, I didn't understand where it was going, but it sounded good.

It sounded ok to me as a noodling exploration piece, but there's not much to critique as a mix, because it's just one instrument with a boatload of effects thrown at it!

Pleasant, though. :)

It sounded ok to me as a noodling exploration piece, but there's not much to critique as a mix, because it's just one instrument with a boatload of effects thrown at it!

Pleasant, though. :)

noodling exploration piece...never heard that one before, cheers.

noodling exploration piece...never heard that one before, cheers.

I didn't mean that to sound insulting, honestly. I just felt the piece didn't have any particular direction and was more about the effects. Is it an original?

I didn't mean that to sound insulting, honestly. I just felt the piece didn't have any particular direction and was more about the effects. Is it an original?

ha, I wasn't insulted, no worries, the piece is originally José María Lacalle García and was later used in the film 'once upon a time in america' adopted by Ennio Morricone, it's my own arrangement but not mine.

With that level of reverb on a guitar, you've really gotta watch out for string squeaks, they tend to jump out. A few of them blend in well, but one or two of them really jump out in that first 30 seconds or so.

There's a low frequency hum that's audible in the quieter parts.

Nice little ambient electric guitar tune though, sounds great on this system. I like that Fender-ish clean sound.

Back