Alternative Pop Rock - Waiting

andrushkiwt

If anyone has any critiques of the mix, I'd love to hear it. Not too much to say about it at this point, but throwing it up here for any feedback on the technical side. Thanks!

I wonder, tonight, how much can I sleep?
Can I dream awhile? I think I need to breathe
and feel alive, but what can make me?
I know I can be, I know we can be...

She gets her city-style from home,
and with her back up against the wall,
she's waiting.

I won't fall down but how much can I take?
Can I dream awhile? I think I need to break...
...and feel alive, but what can make me?
I know I can be, I know we can be.

Lyin' in bed for hours awake,
and dreaming up all the things she'd say...
she's waiting.

It's quiet in the morning as she rises to the sun.
We'll lay in bed awhile, I'm barely hanging on...

All alone, all night long.

Great mix overall! Would like some more low-end in the kick, I think the snare is a bit to "snappy" would like some depth. It's a bit busy in the first verse for me, maybe mute one of the guitars? I would have removed some of the reverb on the hi-hat also. The bass and vocals is perfect imo.

I like that bridge a lot, especially the mid-passed (?) final line before it crashes back in.

The major nit that I'm hearing is that the verses seem a little loud relative to the chorus. There's not much contrast between them. Is that from mastering?

I like that bridge a lot, especially the mid-passed (?) final line before it crashes back in.

The major nit that I'm hearing is that the verses seem a little loud relative to the chorus. There's not much contrast between them. Is that from mastering?

That vocal line has the RedLight distortion plugin, EQ cut below 300 and above 2k or so, I think, and lots of delay. Yeah, I'm sure the master bus compressors are letting the verses come up a bit and taking the choruses down. The whole thing is hitting around -12 RMS, right where I need to be for this tracks' purpose, but yeah they're pretty close in volume.

Top shelf, IMO. You have to be one of the most consistently-really good artists on this site.

Very kind, thanks Beagle. FYI - I've been airing on iHeart Radio for over a month now; it's a particular station, granted, but hey, not bad for HR, if I can say. In process of reaching out to other iHeart Radio stations and see if I can get the ball rolling a little further.

Very kind, thanks Beagle. FYI - I've been airing on iHeart Radio for over a month now; it's a particular station, granted, but hey, not bad for HR, if I can say. In process of reaching out to other iHeart Radio stations and see if I can get the ball rolling a little further.

That's awesome! You definitely deserve it. Good luck with it!

Polished mixed. I get what VHS was talking about. It does feel a little odd to have the quieter parts of the song pushed up so loud, even the vocal almost by itself as in the last line of the song. But I guess that's what radio does. I don't remember, it's been so long since I've listed to music on the radio.

Anyway, these are nits. This is strong work. I hope it does open up opportunities for you.

Polished mixed. I get what VHS was talking about. It does feel a little odd to have the quieter parts of the song pushed up so loud, even the vocal almost by itself as in the last line of the song. But I guess that's what radio does. I don't remember, it's been so long since I've listed to music on the radio.

Anyway, these are nits. This is strong work. I hope it does open up opportunities for you.

Thanks, I tweaked some things before sending to the station, and the one that'll be mastered soon has revisions as well, so this all helps.

It sounds really good. To me there isn't much that should be changed. Things sound excellent.

The vocal is getting a little covered in the first verse. The guitar on the right is competing just a bit.

But that's about it as far as I can hear. Excellent.

Back