Alternative mix, Secrets (of the songs and dance)

GONZO-X

Secrets - Mix 2 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

totally different approach on this one,
i left the other one up (which i never do) to a/b the two mixes.

this mix was faders down, start from scratch, spent about 45 minutes total on it.

the original mix, 6 months worth of half hour increments...! LOL

the diff on this one, is mostly where the synths are panned, and where the rhy guitars and solos are panned.

all levels are new.
i think i could STILL beef up the lows in the kick,and add a bit of meat to the primary synth line on the left.

vox too loud?

I really like hearing your mixes. And man....you nailed it this time. Completely different and SOOOO much better IMO only. I personally don't think the vox is too loud at all. I think it sits perfectly and is at the right volume. The panning and separation is excellent! When this tune comes on the monitors.......(and in my cans).....wow......well done!!! As for the bass......I think you might get into muddy territory if you raise it more. The kick is fine but wouldn't really suffer from a tiny bit more gain. As always......thanks for the listen.

I really like hearing your mixes. And man....you nailed it this time. Completely different and SOOOO much better IMO only. I personally don't think the vox is too loud at all. I think it sits perfectly and is at the right volume. The panning and separation is excellent! When this tune comes on the monitors.......(and in my cans).....wow......well done!!! As for the bass......I think you might get into muddy territory if you raise it more. The kick is fine but wouldn't really suffer from a tiny bit more gain. As always......thanks for the listen.

hey mickster!
thanks for helping out....

i ended up re-eqi'ing the vox a bit, so they ended up coming up a bit to balance.
yes, this tune was meant to be played loud, on a full range setup...
i did eq the kick some more, and it has a bit more impact now, and a bit more 'point' on the beater kick.

again, appreciate the listen and comment

it's down now.

Back