Alternative Metal Feedback

Fortenhell

Hello,
first, I am from Germany and I apologize, if my English is not matching the usual internet standards :D.

I'd call myself a noob, regarding mixing technic...not a total noob, but nooby enough...
Okay, so here I got a song and I really need Feedback for the mixdown.
I reached the point where the song became far too familiar for my ears...and now I can't hear anything anymore...I think the mixdown is good, but others may thing it's awful. Maybe you could give me some advise?

https://soundcloud.com/montgomery-horm/stereo-out

thank you

update:
https://soundcloud.com/montgomery-horm/dead-gods-1

Last edited:
I thought it sounded pretty good. Musicianship was good.

I think I'd like just a little more upper midrange in the the guitars. Just a little. They sound a bit muffled. That's especially so for the lead guitar.

I think you can turn up the vocals. You could probably turn up the bass too. Or maybe just turn down the guitars.

The snare had a little too much "click" for my tastes. The kick was a little tubby.

These are all kind of minor complaints. Overall I thought it sounded pretty good.

More bass guitar & more definition on it.
The lead guitar needs a little more meat.
I'm not a fan of the hyperactive kick drum - I just don't see the point.
Otherwise you've done well.

Ich glaube das die gitaren ein bischen mehr definition brauchen. The guitars need more definition, more balls, difficult to describe. What are you using for distortion/overdrive?

Ich glaube das die gitaren ein bischen mehr definition brauchen. The guitars need more definition, more balls, difficult to describe. What are you using for distortion/overdrive?

X50 and Lecab 2.

The guitars have been cut pretty much somewhere between 2k-4k by...dunno 5-10 dB...can't tell, I am not at my DAW, but there may be one (if not the) reason for the missing balls.
I'll upload an update as soon as I can. Maybe this evening :).

(Deinem Namen zufolge bist du Niederländer? :) Grüß dich ;) )

Back