Alternative Hard Rock Song

Himalayanger

Hey there,

This is my first ever attempt at mixing a song. I'm still learning the art of mixing so I'm well aware that there is probably a bunch of issues in the track that I'm completely unaware of.

It's an alternative hard rock type of song with lyrics/vocals in Nepali(I'm from Nepal, by the way). I would really appreciate your comments/feedback on the mix, including the composition aspect as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• prashna_mix.mp3
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
Concerning the track, nothing to say, very good even.:thumbs up:
Is this your final? Because at the end there seem to be a glitch with the sound. Intentional or not?

Hey Neokibo,

Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it....glad to know that you liked the track. No, this is not the final. I still need to have this track mastered by someone who has not been involved in the composition, recording or the mixing part of the project (so that he/she can approach this with a fresh perspective). Thanks also for pointing out the glitch at the end. By the way, it wasn't intentional...

Hey Headline, thanks for your feedback! I am using pro tools right now and the way I processed the guitars is this: I got the original clean/unprocessed (DI's with no amps or any other plugins, in case of guitars) tracks from the studio (by disabling the amp sim model that had applied there as I was extremely unsatisfied with those sounds; I thought it sounded extremely dark and gloomy and maybe I over-compensate for that by making my versions extra bright), then I applied the basic stock amp sim plugins from pro tools on those clean tracks and made them sound as good as I could with my current level of ability (I used a combination of the Sans amp and Eleven free amp sims on these guitar tracks)...I am looking to add some better/nicer amp/cab sim plugins on my pro tools software soon but the problem is that the version of pro tools that I own (8.0.4) only supports RTAS? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Thanks Big Thier! I really appreciate your comment. Yeah, I totally agree with you. I did feel yesterday that the verse vocals were sticking out too much (especially when I compared the track with other songs in the same genre). Cheers!

Back