Alright! I Think I've Got It!!!

This song kicks butt man.Vocals,drums,guitars,bass.......everything is rockin.I like the harmony guitars.......oh yeah,this is cool man........a few drum mistakes after the 5 minute mark but not very noticeable.....man this is good.

I dig it 5 Stars worth.

The only thing that really bothered me was that string noise on the bass. It has a very YES sounding bass, if you remember who those guys were. Its a little harsh in my headphones. If that is a Rickenbacher bass I would try it with a P bass or Jazz bass to round out the lo end.

Reverb sound was a little metalic, would have used a Hall effect more than the ambient room metal sound but that's just me.

Like the tune mucho, draws you into the story and keeps you interested.

Middleman said:
The only thing that really bothered me was that string noise on the bass. It has a very YES sounding bass, if you remember who those guys were. Its a little harsh in my headphones. If that is a Rickenbacher bass I would try it with a P bass or Jazz bass to round out the lo end.

Reverb sound was a little metalic, would have used a Hall effect more than the ambient room metal sound but that's just me.

Like the tune mucho, draws you into the story and keeps you interested.
Thanks for listening! It is a Rickenbacker, which difinately has a unique sound, but I thought it was appropriate for this tune. I could very well be wrong! It's the only bass I have to work with, so I'm a bit limited. Obviously I've got a thing or two ;) to learn about bass recording. Any suggestions anyone??!

like the song alot. your vocals are nice and they realy add alot of spice to your writing style.wow the harmonys realy add. the richenbacher bass is a unique instrument but its hard to record with and doesnt offer alot of virsatility in sounds.how are you recording it, are you miching a amp or running it direct into board or using preamp? overall very nice production and writing. man you just kick butt all over the harmonys. love your singing style.

great bass sound.. it's too loud in some parts though.. nice vocals.. good song.. it sounds like you may have added extra high end to the high hat and cymbals? they stand out too much imhop.. not from volume, but just because they're almost too crisp.. sounds like a bad edit @ the 5 minute mark..

nice job!

flash2ace said:
like the song alot. your vocals are nice and they realy add alot of spice to your writing style.wow the harmonys realy add. the richenbacher bass is a unique instrument but its hard to record with and doesnt offer alot of virsatility in sounds.how are you recording it, are you miching a amp or running it direct into board or using preamp? overall very nice production and writing. man you just kick butt all over the harmonys. love your singing style.
I recorded the bass by miking an amp, but you're right! It's not versatile at all. I'm thinking about trading it, but I really do love the sound of a Rick....Tough decision!!! Thanks for listening to it!

B.SABBATH said:
great bass sound.. it's too loud in some parts though.. nice vocals.. good song.. it sounds like you may have added extra high end to the high hat and cymbals? they stand out too much imhop.. not from volume, but just because they're almost too crisp.. sounds like a bad edit @ the 5 minute mark..

nice job!
I used a Yamaha DT Express electric drum kit, and the sounds aren't so great in it. :( I agree though, after you mentioned it, the HH are a little up front and bright. Thanks for listening!

Kramer said:
This song kicks butt man.Vocals,drums,guitars,bass.......everything is rockin.I like the harmony guitars.......oh yeah,this is cool man........a few drum mistakes after the 5 minute mark but not very noticeable.....man this is good.

I dig it 5 Stars worth.

YOU'RE WELCOME DICKHEAD.

A real catchy chorus. Your voice sounded just perfect through it. Not my favorite style on the lead break, but for some reason I thought it worked well. Liked the way you introduced harmonies in the second chorus. They sounded real tight too. Added perfectly to the song.

There was maybe just a bit too much dynamic contrast between the verses and chorus. At points the verses were too low to hear, but then the chorus kicked in and things were fine. I think just a little too much difference in volume between them.

Some weirdness with the vocals at :40. Maybe intentional?

That weird section between 4:40 and 5:00 went on a bit long. It was just 20 seconds of a short section. Got a little repetitive.

Good job though.

Hey Syd,
GREAT song man.. Your vocals sound great in this. I really liked this alot. Im at work so im not gonna comment on mix here. The only song related nit i can come up with is there might be a little too much real estate at the end of the song. Maybe youve got future intentions for that... Great tune man!
gw/5

Good stuff! Don't trade the Rick, but you might wanna have another axe to go to also. I wish I had a rick, but not for my only bass.

Twist

Cool tune,I liked the build.
I think the buzz on the acoustic works well with this tune,fits right with the heavy parts.
Good writing,especially the hook.

Thanks for sharing it,
Pete

Cool

Very nice. Got to say it also, I love the bass sound. I will second on the brightness of the hat's . the only thing that really jumped out at me mix wise was that during the guitar solo it sounds like it starts to fade out a couple of times and then comes back in?? Might just be the conversion to mp3 that is giving me that impression, and it is very slight.

Cool stuff!!! sounds great.. Vocals are very nice:)

Later

F.S.

Back