Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Alright! I Think I've Got It!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lockport, IL
    Age
    54
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Alright! I Think I've Got It!!!

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Would you please give me some feedback on this tune? I know the acoustic is buzzing pretty badly. I haven't got the perfectionist thing down yet. Thanks! http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2595&alid=-1
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    327624

    Thumbs up

    This song kicks butt man.Vocals,drums,guitars,bass.......everything is rockin.I like the harmony guitars.......oh yeah,this is cool man........a few drum mistakes after the 5 minute mark but not very noticeable.....man this is good.

    I dig it 5 Stars worth.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    352582
    The only thing that really bothered me was that string noise on the bass. It has a very YES sounding bass, if you remember who those guys were. Its a little harsh in my headphones. If that is a Rickenbacher bass I would try it with a P bass or Jazz bass to round out the lo end.

    Reverb sound was a little metalic, would have used a Hall effect more than the ambient room metal sound but that's just me.

    Like the tune mucho, draws you into the story and keeps you interested.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lockport, IL
    Age
    54
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Originally posted by Middleman
    The only thing that really bothered me was that string noise on the bass. It has a very YES sounding bass, if you remember who those guys were. Its a little harsh in my headphones. If that is a Rickenbacher bass I would try it with a P bass or Jazz bass to round out the lo end.

    Reverb sound was a little metalic, would have used a Hall effect more than the ambient room metal sound but that's just me.

    Like the tune mucho, draws you into the story and keeps you interested.
    Thanks for listening! It is a Rickenbacker, which difinately has a unique sound, but I thought it was appropriate for this tune. I could very well be wrong! It's the only bass I have to work with, so I'm a bit limited. Obviously I've got a thing or two to learn about bass recording. Any suggestions anyone??!
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    like the song alot. your vocals are nice and they realy add alot of spice to your writing style.wow the harmonys realy add. the richenbacher bass is a unique instrument but its hard to record with and doesnt offer alot of virsatility in sounds.how are you recording it, are you miching a amp or running it direct into board or using preamp? overall very nice production and writing. man you just kick butt all over the harmonys. love your singing style.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Long Island New York
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    141919
    great bass sound.. it's too loud in some parts though.. nice vocals.. good song.. it sounds like you may have added extra high end to the high hat and cymbals? they stand out too much imhop.. not from volume, but just because they're almost too crisp.. sounds like a bad edit @ the 5 minute mark..

    nice job!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lockport, IL
    Age
    54
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Originally posted by flash2ace
    like the song alot. your vocals are nice and they realy add alot of spice to your writing style.wow the harmonys realy add. the richenbacher bass is a unique instrument but its hard to record with and doesnt offer alot of virsatility in sounds.how are you recording it, are you miching a amp or running it direct into board or using preamp? overall very nice production and writing. man you just kick butt all over the harmonys. love your singing style.
    I recorded the bass by miking an amp, but you're right! It's not versatile at all. I'm thinking about trading it, but I really do love the sound of a Rick....Tough decision!!! Thanks for listening to it!
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lockport, IL
    Age
    54
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Originally posted by B.SABBATH
    great bass sound.. it's too loud in some parts though.. nice vocals.. good song.. it sounds like you may have added extra high end to the high hat and cymbals? they stand out too much imhop.. not from volume, but just because they're almost too crisp.. sounds like a bad edit @ the 5 minute mark..

    nice job!
    I used a Yamaha DT Express electric drum kit, and the sounds aren't so great in it. I agree though, after you mentioned it, the HH are a little up front and bright. Thanks for listening!
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In Hell I Dwell
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    sounds great!!!

    i hope to sound that good one day
    It's all in the reflexes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    327624
    Originally posted by Kramer
    This song kicks butt man.Vocals,drums,guitars,bass.......everything is rockin.I like the harmony guitars.......oh yeah,this is cool man........a few drum mistakes after the 5 minute mark but not very noticeable.....man this is good.

    I dig it 5 Stars worth.
    YOU'RE WELCOME DICKHEAD.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •