Alright! I Think I've Got It!!!

Keep the Ric, it kicks butt. Its a great bass but has its own unique applications. you might take it down in the mix quite a bit more. It has enough signal on it not to get lost easily.The vocals an guitars could come up considerably to me, and brighten them so they stand more over the drums stuff. The hats and snare could be flattened out a little on the high end as mentioned . Cool stuff

F*UCK ME!!!Nowhere is downloading your tune .000000001 kps right now so catch ya in the AM or after work...

I haven't read any of the other replies, b/c I'm listening in COMPRESSED TIME right now. I hope you're not opposed to offensive language, b/c I'd like to say that the bass fucking rules. Really.

I think the mix might be TOO dynamic...in volume, that is...I had to turn up the quieter intro quite a bit to make out the vocal, then I kinda' shit all over myself when it kicked in, lol. A little limiting's not necessarily a bad thing.

Fuck, there's that cool fucking bass again...lol. I was thinking it might be too loud, but you're really only pushing it to that volume in between some of the vocal lines, and the level seems fine elsewhere, so I guess it's cool.

I don't know how to do it, but it'd be cool if you could just make the vocal more "present,"...lol...I see people say that, and I know what they mean, but I don't know how to do it really. Great vocal, btw...again, I didn't read, but if you sang it, nice job...if not, pass on my compliments. The song's cool too...the mix isn't abrasive, b/c I'm on about my 5th listen, but something about it is making it seem "smaller" than it needs to be, and I think it's the lack of "presence" on the vocals...a thing which I have not a clue how to improve.

I don't know jack about drums, so I won't bore you there. I'd kill to be able to get a bass tone like that...you can't use it all the time, but I thought you used it well here. In fact, MAKE EVERYTHING SOUND AS "PRESENT" AS THE BASS, AND YOU'LL BE THERE, lol.

Thanks for posting

I'm using a Ric bass myself, but be dammed if I can make it sound like that lol! I like the way this tune makes me feel. Great vibe.

I thought it was Roger Waters when I first heard it:D Cool voice for sure. The bass sounds very cool. Although I don't know if it fits the mood of this song, it sounds very aggressive. One thing that kinda bothers me is the first few lines on vocals during chours, they sound like they needed a little more breath. Hell, I wish I could sing.

Good job, loving the bass sound!

AL

Thanks much Kramer, David, chrisharris, muzeman, twist, Guernica, triple m, Bob A. Vader and flash 2 ace for your kind words. Sorry if I left anyone out. I don't want to get in trouble again!! ;) Thanks A1A2, toki987, Freudian slip, B.Sabbath, and middleman for your honest comments. I appreciate that, and as you can tell I have a lot to learn. Thanks to all of you for listening!

Back