"Alright" - Driving toward a dreamy & clean mix.

DavorMajdandzic

I've been working on my first full length album, and am changing the way I work. Instead of rushing things like I do, I'm going step by step, making sure everything is how I want it to be. This new song, Alright, I composed, sung, and mixed, but I'm still feeling there's something missing. I have dreamy but clean sound in my head that the track isn't giving me. Any help would be apprecatied!

View attachment Alright.mp3

The vocals are too up front and loud to be dreamy, if you ask me. Try mixing in more reverb.
The kick is also really "present" and in your face.

The low harmony is not in tune. The main vocal is way off tune during the part where multiple voices are going- they are all over the place in tuning (were they done with multiple takes or did you a tuning plug-in?), and the echo-ey/delay does not work to make it 'dreamy'. The drum loop sounds like an 80s drum machine. The piano plus 'strings' are not in tune, like you were dealing with MIDI latency maybe?

Sounds like "slow" strings which causes the noted to be heard after the beat which causes it to sound out of tune with the piano in parts. Try selecting a more spot on sample. Agree with above on vocals...need to be placed in the mix more with some reverb and there are some pitchy parts. I can see where you are going with the song, just need some tweaking to get it there.

Back