almost rock and roll

slkeen

I posted another instrumental tune I'm working on. This is my first effort at getting a rock/pop drum sound out of my Yamaha DD 55 drum thing - actually have to play this miniature kit. Its Chaco Canyon. Thanks for listening and any feedback, especially on the drum sound.

drums sound half way decent to me....maybe turn up the bass drum and snare a little bit.. the cymbal sounds a little on the small side.. too much of the splash, not enough of the crash.. maybe in the future, not so much splash cymbal.. It could be just me though.. If your leaving it an instrumental, I would add more stuff if your not adding vocals..

sounds decent so far..

sam

I tried streaming it and it kept buffering on me and the download was only going at about 1.3 kbs so I cancelled. NWR must be awefully busy this evening.

I'll try to check it out when I get home from rehearsal tonight.

Blessings!

CR

Yeah I think the drums sound...ok...

Definately agree on the splash cymbal...way overused...

I'd much rather here more ping/ride / crash in there...

I generally think of pop/rock drums being a little more agressive than that...

I think the kick is ok, but I'd go for a tad bigger snare...with a little more crack to it.

But, this sound is more like jazz/rock to me....instead of "pop/rock" (i.e - matchbox 20...and the like)

not a bad start...a more defined melody would be cool instead of just the scale work....kind of makes it seem like elevator music.

keep at it man, peace

-wes

I think it's a slick recording, Bro. Thoses drums sound pretty good but like the others, I think the Splash Cymbal was over used.

Blessings;

CR

Back