"Almost Forever"

New mix with some minor adjustments here after letting it sit for a while. Turned the vocal reverbs down a bit, lead and backgrounds; turned up the tom roll before the last chorus for more impact, brought up the overall volume a tad more; and I forget what else.

Still haven't touched the snare reverb, it's still set where it has been since the beginning. I was tempted and did try it, but it loses something huge when I turn down the reverb on it. I'ts a combination of reverb from the snare itself, and a little on the overheads, plus I'm using two different rooms low in the mix (close and mid), didn't put verb on the rooms though.

Almost Forever | Johnny Amato

Man ... this totally sounds like a song that should be running on the ending credits of a movie from 1988 ... maybe 1990. It totally has that "deals with loss but has a slight optimism to it" vibe. The last shot is of the main character, coming to grips with what lay ahead for him, as he turns to walk into the night down the wet, lamp-lit street ... cue this song! :)

Great performances/tones all around. Great earnest sound to the vocal. Something about the guitar playing reminds me a bit of Neal Schon (in a good way)---very melodic stuff and very well played!

Thanks for sharing!

Man ... this totally sounds like a song that should be running on the ending credits of a movie from 1988 ... maybe 1990. It totally has that "deals with loss but has a slight optimism to it" vibe. The last shot is of the main character, coming to grips with what lay ahead for him, as he turns to walk into the night down the wet, lamp-lit street ... cue this song! :)

Great performances/tones all around. Great earnest sound to the vocal. Something about the guitar playing reminds me a bit of Neal Schon (in a good way)---very melodic stuff and very well played!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Beagle! Appreciate the listen and comments!

Back