An almost finished song....

R

RAMI

I started recording this on Thursday, finished it on Friday..but i know it's not over considering it usually takes me months to finish re-doing a song...I figure I might as well get advice on this the sooner the better....There are still a few things that I know need to be better...A few vocal lines and lyrics that just don't sit right....Anyway, as usual, the comments I get here always make my songs better, so whatever suggestions you have will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

HAHA! I didn't post a link did I??? Gad damn tequila....gimme a second.

i'd speed it up, rami :) considerably!

what about the guitar/bass/vox arrangement on the chorus, they seem to accentuate the same beat.... and here's a shocker: i'd play A/D/Bm/E/A/D/A/E.... he he he!.... i sometimes wonder how i dare... LOL

Good song RAMI!!!! The recording issues I will pass on, I know nothing!! :D

But I really do like your song. Your are very talented. Oh, I have told you this before. I do repeat myself a lot when excited!! :)

Don't you dare write the chords for MY song!!! LOL!!!

I tried your chord progression with the chorus, I'd have to change the melody too much. The thing that worries me the most about this song are the verses. I say "Remeber how it was" a million times. I don't know if it's just too repetitve to me, or if repetition is a good thing. I'm not sure if that's good repetition or bad repetition.

Ah True...we posted at the same time....Thanx alot. I really appreciate what you tell me about my music, you make me feel good about myself. I am honestly insecure about my songs when I first "put them out there" becasue I work alone and have nobody else's input when I'm recording. So, people here are really the first ones to hear a new song of mine, and until that point, I have no idea if I wrote something good or totally missed the mark. Thanx.

RAMI, good tune. I'm on dial up for 2 weeks, and listening on the laptop, but when i get enough songs downladed, I will burn them to disc, and get a better listen on the stereo. Until then, it sounded good on crappy laptop speakers... :D
Ed

RAMI said:
Ah True...we posted at the same time....Thanx alot. I really appreciate what you tell me about my music, you make me feel good about myself. I am honestly insecure about my songs when I first "put them out there" becasue I work alone and have nobody else's input when I'm recording. So, people here are really the first ones to hear a new song of mine, and until that point, I have no idea if I wrote something good or totally missed the mark. Thanx.

RAMI, you'd only miss the mark, if you are totally unhappy with the song. Anyone else's opinion is just that...their view. Constructive criticism is great, as it can help you with things you might have overlooked, such as a variation on a chord progression. If you like it, make changes, just don't make so many that you become unhappy with the song. People here have many views on music, and almost all are good. That also means you can't try everything, as there are too many. That's a good thing though. If you let noone else listen, for fear of negative remarks, we all miss out, and you have no idea if what you did is appealing to others. That would mean, you miss also.

Nuff rant.

Thanx Dog, good post...You're right. But I guess it's kind of normal to just not know how something will be heard for the first time by someone who doesn't have their heart in it. We spend our time writing, recording, mixing, etc...to the point that these songs are our children. But that might also mean we're so involved with them that we can't step back and hear them the same way the passive listener would.

RAMI said:
But that might also mean we're so involved with them that we can't step back and hear them the same way the passive listener would.

Now, that's exactly why you post them here. You may not be able to do some of the suggestions, but it's always nice to hear other ideas, just to keep you on your toes.

I listend again, just to try and see if i felt it was to repetetive, but didn't get that impression.
Ed

Last edited:
why would you have to change the melody if you played the chords the way i suggested?!?..... you gotta try it again.... ha ha ha....

if you don't like the repetitiveness of "remember" x 100, well start chopping :D
i don't mind it, but if you do, then probably others will too. We're rarely alone about anything in this life, be it taste or whatever....

promise you'll try to play it faster though!, i guarantee results.

I'll think about speeding it up...But then means starting from scratch....Might be worth it though. :)

nice, rami. catchy title, i like it alot. i don't mind the repetition, either. and i'm actually a little jealous of your drumming--i'm stuck with a machine, and it's a bitch to program (but it doesn't get too drunk to play, at least).

i like it, but i would agree w/the others to speed it up a little.

RAMI said:
I'll think about speeding it up...But then means starting from scratch....Might be worth it though. :)

RAMI, try it if you have the time.....Might sound good, and might not. Either way, we hear another song.... :D

Ed

I know me...I'll start re-doing it and then turn it into a totally different tune. WooHoo!

Back