Allman Tribute

I really like all the sounds your getting, HOWEVER (and this is just personal preference) I'm not a big fan of the panning of the guitars, Id like to see them more centre.
What do you use to record with?

Mike

Dan Barnes said:
I'll do a better vocal later when I'm in better voice, but I'd like to hear your comments on how the mix is sounding so far:

Stormy Monday
One word comes to mind.

Wow!

OK, two words..........

Wow and awesome!

Thanks for making it worthwhile hanging out here to listen to the unexpected gem. :)

Great song and a nice job! I didn't think the vocals were too bad at all; I think they've kinda got this Albert King, Albert Collins & Buddy Guy kinda feel. If there was anything I'd have to say it would be, I gotta have more leslie :D

I do think it could use a better drum track with more groove :cool: and then, you've got it nailed.

Last edited:
The vocals, guitars, bass and keys are outstanding but your drums aren't up to snuff. I really enjoyed this.

sounds wonderful, the mix is very nice. very clean and crisp sounding all around!!! Nice job, keep em' coming

Jasonbird

The guitar playing is super tasty and the guitar sound is fantastic. Organ is sweet. Your voice is cool too, I like it. The drum track leaves something to be desired. You should get a real drummer to play on it. Try drumsforyou.com.

I'm a huge Allmans fan - so I was pleasantly surprised by your rendition of this classic.....You'd never believe if I told you how many copies of the 8Track/LP/Cassette/CD of their stuff I've gone through....

Nice phrasing/vibrato on the vocals - nothing wrong with that....

You have obviously grooved long and hard on the lead break - you have the licks down pat....very nice.

The organ might be a little hot - it has a fantastic tone and the playing is fabulous...just seems to jump a bit out of the mix.

Thanks for taking me on a great ride down memory lane.

Excellent......

:D :) :D :)

Back