Allergies subsided. Was able to do the higher harmony.

Teddie

Folks and Ric too :),

My allergies subsided recently and I was able to do a harmony vocal on "Thunder on the Mountain". Could you have a listen and see if it sounds tacked-on or if it just sounds like crap? I don't know how I feel about it. If I get enough "it sucks like that" responses, I'll remove the harmony vocal and put it back like it was. I also removed the statistics after the first verse. Thanks again everyone for your time. Here's the link: http://www.mp3.com/smartapple the song is "Thunder on the Mountain"...

gibs, thanks man. I always appreciate your input and the time you take to listen to my shtuff.

Ric, haha... I was thinking about ya when I was trying to get my voice up there. It's just harder for me to get it higher when I'm pushing more air like that otherwise I'm usually fine. Thanks for the wammafication.

It complements your lead vocals alot more now! man you ever hear of Malfred Millagon of Storyville he sang for SRV's old band a while back, I seen them about three yrs ago and got to meet him, nice guy, You got his tone going on dude to me anyway, and Thats a good thing!! He's sure as hell one of my fav, and now YOU are too! :D

David

Sounds pretty cool..
Good job on the vocals, too.
I didn't hear the first version for comparison, but this one sounds great like it is.

Ric, yah, practice will make perfect or as good as it can get... it will be a rare time for me to sing until the allergy season (for me) is gone. But everyonce in a while, my allergies are nill for a short period and I can sing parts like that harmony part. Thanks for the encouragement.

David, you're awsome bud. Thanks for the encouragement.

Buck62, thanks for listening to it and for your kind words as well.

It's 12:30 in the AM here and I had to crank that tune through the Events anyway.
You NAILED it. Keep up the good work!

Those are my reference monitors from Event Electronics.
Available now for less than $150 each.
Ed swears by them. I love them as well.

drstawl, I'm still using my piece-o-poop self-powered speakers for recording and mixdowns. I'm afraid to get a good pair because I'm so used to these things, I'm afraid I'm not going to know what the heck my ears are going to percieve with good speakers... blah ramble. One ear would love to get new monitors... my other ear is like, "no... no man, no."

Sounds great. Maybe just a little 'empty' in the beginning. Not sure how to articulate it. Maybe needs some reverb or delay or some sound effects in the background or something.

It's awesome when the guitars enter.

The solo is cool too.

MrLip, thanks for listening. I know exactly what you mean. It's like after the initial "thunder" sound, it gets really um... I don't know how to put it either, but I know what you mean. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that.

I actually redid that solo recently. Everytime I listened to the original one I did, there was this slight "off" note that made me flinch everytime I heard it.

Thanks again.

Back