allan's resolve - an instrumental

Love the mix! Love the guitar tones. Cymbals are a bit loud on occasion (hi-hat @ 2:00 for example). Wish the bass tone had more bite...little growl would go a long way with this tune...just a touch, mind you. I hear at about 6 layers of guitar at points. Are there more? Obviously from the title that it's Holdsworth inspired, but I also here some very Phil Keaggy sounding vibes on some of the solo pieces.

Is that a beer bottle percussion section in the intro? That is such a good idea. . .

Sounds good to me, it's on an album already though so good thing right!

Love the mix! Love the guitar tones. Cymbals are a bit loud on occasion (hi-hat @ 2:00 for example). Wish the bass tone had more bite...little growl would go a long way with this tune...just a touch, mind you. I hear at about 6 layers of guitar at points. Are there more? Obviously from the title that it's Holdsworth inspired, but I also here some very Phil Keaggy sounding vibes on some of the solo pieces.

thanks broken, for listening and commenting.......
cymbals, yes, i did not tame them as well as i should have....
you know, i've gotten the phil keaggy thing before,
i've known about him since the late 70's,
but never learned anything of his, not an influence..... but he's a bad @ss player for sure......

there are quite a few guitar parts, 6 seems about right.

the playing is just my own, only the story (the melody, actually) is inspired by holdsworth's story,
not his playing.

i wouldn't even bother trying to learn his most simple lick!! LOL

---------- Update ----------

Cool tune dawg ;D

thank you , phil

Is that a beer bottle percussion section in the intro? That is such a good idea. . .

Sounds good to me, it's on an album already though so good thing right!

it DOES kinda sound like beer bottles, eh?!
LOL
it's actually tall champagne glassed, long stem suckers,
and i'm playing them with chopsticks.

it's flanged slightly,
and i've got (4) of them.....? i think, and panned out...... with a long delay on them, to extend the ring of each one as they happen...

great playing and arrangement Gonzo. nice stuff. Which instruments are you playing, aside from gee-tar? sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else

nice tones and great playing ... again !!! :D

thanks a lot cake,
appreciate it for sure

---------- Update ----------

great playing and arrangement Gonzo. nice stuff. Which instruments are you playing, aside from gee-tar? sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else

alright andrushkiwt!
thank you for checking this out....

i play everything, except the drums.

those were played by Brent Dacus (DFW area)

Back