For all you rock/Metal lovers....."The Beautiful People"

wjgypsy

As i said in a post a while ago, i got my first MM cd, Anti-christ Superstar, which has "The Beautiful People" On it. I love this song alot and when i started recording it today, i was thinking this recording would only be an "Experiment" for me, but it turned out as an all day job, and what i think is my best work.

Now, for the tracks...... I recorded the drums first, (my reg. set up with 4 mics), then the guitars (i was going to mic up the amp, but i found that the pod better matched MM's guitest's sound.) Then the bass (i ran it throught the pod too.) Then all of the vocal tracks with a Shure sm48 (i think there where about 5 or so vocal tracks. i used 14 tracks in all.) And then for a cool effect, i imported the song into Acid and added the opening and some vocie samples. As most of you can tell, my scream singing is getting better, but i don't think it's at it's best yet.

The room that i recorded this all in had NO treatment whatsoever. This song is real diffurent, because when i recorded it, i had no access to heaphones (thefore there was no click track) and i did not know half of the lyrics of the song while i was recording them. But i think it turned out pretty well. Sorry for the long post....

"The Beautiful People"

www.nowhereradio.com/zeke/singles

thanks,

Zeke

Nice but it sounds like your singing in the shower!

The vocals are not mean enough!

C'mon son. I WANT TO HEAR YOU FUCKING SCREAM

Are you a boy or man?
What is that whiny yelp?
Get back in there and fucking scream.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES SIR! :D

Noctice that i get more into if about halfway in the song. i'l WILL do better next time........

thanks

Cool Cord noise effect. Some heavy stuff man. The gtrs were heavy but the bass was lacking a bit. A click track would of tightened up the drums more. The drums could use some eq also. Not bad for how you recorded it. I think the vocals could use more effect, but I usually use too much-lol.
Not much into MM but this is probably his best song IMHO.....

Myx

yeah. I really didn't mean for the bass to be beefy, because if you've ever heard the reall version of it, you'll notice that you can only hear the bass in the verses.

thanks

You are extremely talented Zeke.

Real sense of time is something that most people don't have. You got it.

Very impressed. Even though the song is junk. Talent shines through.

Not to bad musically, but vox are WEAK!

Zeke, Not too bad. The music is really close to the original. But the vocals are super weak for this kind of thing. The screams need to be alot ballsier. But at the end there i heard you were making a valiant effort. I would work on your screaming technique if you are planning to do alot of this type of music. Try to bring it from your throat first, like you are taking a big shit and then use your diaphramn and gut to amplify the sound. I don't know if this will help you but i think it is what you need. The drums sound pretty good, but maybe not punchy enough. Guitars sound good but i would thicken them up and also bring up the verse vox. I personally thought The Beautiful People, and Crypt Orchard, or orchid or whatever were the only two good songs on that album. So good choice of song. Just needs a little more work. Keep the music coming.

Manson has some good stuff on The portrait of An American Family, and Holywood albums. More typical hard rock sounding but very musical for him.

I seriously cannot stand this song or Manson. I'm always interesting in your tracks though, Zeke. I really don't like the guitar tone, sounds like your tone knob is in the negatives. Drums were pretty together. The playing was tight all in all, besides one or two minor drum timing mistakes, not a biggie though. I think the vocals should be brought up much more as well. Excuse my random-ish post, I'm so tired.

Also Zeke, you gotta start listening to the good metal man, Manson blows. I recommend you Children of Bodom, In Flames, Metallica, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Iron Maiden...I could go on forever but I fear I am too tired.

Well Zeke, that was impressive!

Ooh, a Marilyn Manson cover, how cool! You're definitely corrupted now, & there's no turning back. It'll be no time before you're sacrificing chickens onstage & dismembering them! You little f'-n ghoul! I'm gonna have to start calling you "Little Alice"!

Wow, what fun!

Sure beats singing hymnals in front of the flag, eh Zeke?:eek:

I was listening to it again today and i found that if i add just a little distortion, it makes my screams sound so much better. i may re-cut the vox with with some distortion.

Haha! man i love this song, i had to listen when i saw the post.

Oohhh nice bullhorn fx in the middle.

I think there is something missing on the top end of the eq spectrum on the distorted guitars. Like they sound too much in the bass end of the spectrum for me.

Good job Zeke this must've been helluva fun tune to make.

yeah, it was a blast. I'm planning on covering another tune from anit christ super start. (track 7 i think)

Thanks!

keep those replys com'n.......

yeah, use a little distortion on the vocals to get a good manson effect.

And really get into the vocals. It sounds a little laid back. To do it properly you shouldn't be able to talk for awhile after singing it. Just open your mouth and balls to the wall, let it all out, ya know. Get really pissed off while doing it, hit yourself in the head, cut yourself with razorblades . . . eh, too far. :D

For the most part, the music sounds pretty good. The intro beat seemed a little off to me. But, it's been a while since I heard it. Seemed like there was a snare hit too many. It needs more of a accent on the last hit. duhduhduh DACK, if that makes any sense at all.

Maybe add a little fuzz to the bass. guitar tone is pretty close. drums could use a little more bottom.

Sorry if this sounds like a major critique, it's not. It's really pretty good, I just want to offer some suggestions, because I'm a pretty big fan of that album. So I hope I'd know the sounds you are going for a little better than the "Manson is stupid" people (not that there's anything wrong with their opinion).

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :cool:

thanks Deth, I think the drums had alot a fatness. what are you listing to the song on?

A reel person- ummmmmm............ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk

:D

I'm listening on crappy computer speakers, so I'll listen again at home on less crappy computer speakers (w/sub).

yeah, that it. Cause, i was listioning to the song a while ago on my studio monitors and it was booming.

Back