This is for all the drummers out there

BushmasterM4

I recorded my cousins band last year (a rough demo for their new singer to learn songs by). Anyway the drummer (high school kid) was very good with a double bass pedal. Well in my opinion. Im easily impressed because I suck on the drums. Anyway here is the drum track from one of the tunes. I did add a little of the bass guitar for flavor. You can hear a little the bleed of the guitars too. I was backing up tracks and re-visited this one. I need to listen to some of the other tunes they did before I archive them. The kid is pretty darn quick. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6531812&q=hi

I believe the drummer is 17 now. Funny, my cousin actually is a better drummer than that kid. But he switched to guitar, and in a few short years is pretty good. The drummers dad, grew up with my brother and many moons later we find this out. We came from a small town where everyone knew each other. Now my son says that the drummer on this track has quit the band, he found religion. And they have a new drummer, not my cousin :). Its like Payton Place :) Anyway, I have a Iron Cobra on the bass drum and if I tried to do that, Id break my old bones. Hell, gettin old

there's definitely some sloppiness going on, but the kid's on the right track. he's WAY ahead of where i was at that age. hell, i started when i was 15, and i'm not sure i could do what he's doing today without some sloppiness! in a few years, he'll be playing for the latest, greatest version of between the buried and me! :)

I listened to the other tracks they did and will post a few of the drum tracks in a few days. Some of them are better, (more action). Been too damn busy around the house to go play in the studio.

Back