The aliens are here! (weird instrumental)

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
Whoa! Something forced me to record this!!! :eek: SOme exterrestrial forces that were taking over my guitar and computer as I was playing!!!
Anyway, yeah this one is really weird, space rock with a weird intro and weirder outro. "They" recorded this a long time ago and just finally mixed it, so the quality is not too good, but maybe some of the humans will have fun with it :D
What do you think?

"Into the Unknown"
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3715977&q=hi

Dude....one word....Sweet!!! Weird, yes, but cool......I dig it man.....2 thumbs up, and a behind the back snap...... :D

Just wanted to add....nice playing man....it was extremely tasty, and entertaining....

Thanks a lot Dogman!
This was a lot fun to mess around with. I love calling a song "space rock" so I can just unload my library of effects and make odd sounds on the guitar :D Good times.

by the way... I've never met, seen, or talked to LARAK ZanGOR, but he had some influence on the track and guitar solo in the middle. These are the heavily distorted lyrics in the last part of the song sung by aliens...

(3:23) Into the unknown they walked
big purple birds swimming after them
They watched us
and now they're here
They watched us
and now we're gone

Attachments

• Larak2.jpg
    Larak2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
Lots of cool effects and great playing in that song Snakedog! Spacey guitar effects....The synths really fill up the tune and carry it along too.

The aliens definitely made a wise choice, when they made you their musical portal to this world!!!!

SnakeDog5050 said:
Whoa! Something forced me to record this!!! :eek: SOme exterrestrial forces that were taking over my guitar and computer as I was playing!!!
Anyway, yeah this one is really weird, space rock with a weird intro and weirder outro. "They" recorded this a long time ago and just finally mixed it, so the quality is not too good, but maybe some of the humans will have fun with it :D
What do you think?

"Into the Unknown"
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3715977&q=hi

Hey SnakeDude aliens,

I loved this one...... :D :D :D :D Really spacey stuff! I love the intro with the flanger effect, (I think it was flanger).

The drums could come up a little in the mix, it gets buried in the guitar busier sections!
The section around 3:20 to the end is awesome!

What a trip...........................No wonder the aliens made you record this!

What have you aliens done with SnakeDude!.......Oh yeah..You Aliens better keep your hands off the "HOTTIE"......she's mine when SnakeDude says I can have her! :)

I am having another listen and I can hear guitar in there that wasn't there last time! :eek:

Snakedog,
I like everything EXCEPT the change at 0.41 - where the intro is bathwatered.
THEY must be bald creatures because only they would understand the deep need for a wig out of this dimension.
Cheers
rayC

"We" thank you ido, Gorty, RayC! :D
ido, Xgyinainangnananan below was one of the main recruiters in forcing me to do this track.
The major drum influence Balzongongon (a HIGHLY esteemed intergalatic session drummer) agrees that the guitars bury the drums sometimes, AND HE IS NOT HAPPY!!!!!! As clearly shown in the picture below. So I'll fix that.

Gorty, that intro guitar is a combo of flange/chorus/verb, just about every other guitar is loaded with various types of flange. But hey! I haven't heard from the "HOTTIE" since yesterday and Xgyinainangnananan has had his eye on her, I think he's taken her to another planet?!?! WHAT WILL THE r00 DO?! :eek:

RayC, yep they are infact bald, Xgyinainangnananan below is wearing a wig (but lets not tell him I told you guys that) BUT I'll still work on that transition some

Thanks again guys! "We" appreciate the listens and comments

Attachments

• Xgyinainangnananan.jpg
    Xgyinainangnananan.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Alien Drummer Balzongongon.jpg
    Alien Drummer Balzongongon.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
From a production standpoint this needs quite a bot of work*. It sounds like you had fun, but it's definitely a ways from "professional" sounding. Lots of good ideas and at times some pretty rocking guitar work. A little disjointed for even my tastes (and I'm into the odd stuff).

*Drums lack presence. Bass guitar is muddy and at times lost. Guitar(s) are a little too heavy on the reverb and needs a tad more sustain/compression IMO.

Pinky said:
From a production standpoint this needs quite a bot of work*. It sounds like you had fun, but it's definitely a ways from "professional" sounding. Lots of good ideas and at times some pretty rocking guitar work. A little disjointed for even my tastes (and I'm into the odd stuff).

*Drums lack presence. Bass guitar is muddy and at times lost. Guitar(s) are a little too heavy on the reverb and needs a tad more sustain/compression IMO.

Hey thanks for the listen and constructive criticism ;) I agree with what you said that the track being ways away from professional, that's why i kind of gave the "lower quality" disclaimer in my first post. I don't have guitars right now so I thought I'd mix and add effects to this older track as a fun project. The problem is I've long abandoned the way I recorded these guitars/bass and it took a bunch to get them to sound even as they are. The track is way out there too, so I didn't want to spend too much time on it before I knew if anyone liked it or not.
Bass guitar wise, it is lost actually, good call, there actually is no bass part in the second half of the song and too inconsistant in the recording earlier.
Thanks again for the tips/comments, I'll just have to figure out if I want to take the time to retrack guitars andmix this better or just do some slight adjustments and leave it as fun project :)

Wow...that is some serious whacked guitar action you got going on there!!That flange is awesome!!!!!Man it's been really cool to watch your recordings progress from when I first joined this board.Great sounds and your unique style still comes thru no matter how many sonic treatments are in place.Way cool man...nice job..I think I need to go drink some purple kool aid and listen to this again! :p

variaxman said:
Wow...that is some serious whacked guitar action you got going on there!!That flange is awesome!!!!!Man it's been really cool to watch your recordings progress from when I first joined this board.Great sounds and your unique style still comes thru no matter how many sonic treatments are in place.Way cool man...nice job..I think I need to go drink some purple kool aid and listen to this again! :p

Haha, thanks a bunch axman! Glad you dig the weirdness. I'm officially addicted to flange :o :D I was really messing around with it, combining it with other effects, plugins, filling up my room with weird sounds... trying to make it feel like I was on another planet or something.

Yeah you too on the recordings, we've both learned a ton here! Best site I've ever found :D
and JjJjjJJJJ below in the pic has improved his solar spoon playing 100X!!
Thanks again man, I appreciate it :)

Attachments

• alien head.jpg
    alien head.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 9
Back