Alice Cooper anyone???

R

RAMI

Some of you might rmember me doing this cover a few months ago. But it was before I got the pre-amp I'm working with now, so I figured I'd re-do it. So yesterday, I re-tracked everything and mixed it. I hope I do it justice because I love this tune. Any advice and commetns are always welcome. I did this all in one day, so I'm sure my ears weren't at 100% while mixing.

Should start right away....NO MORE MR. NICE GUY

Excellent! I love the kick. Guitars sound good too. Small bitch, the panning on the guitars seems too extreme. Maybe pull em in a little.

Excellent man, i love it. Your mixes always sound great. I espescially like your drum sounds. Great performance of a Great tune. Thanks for sharing.

I hear what Track is saying about the guitars...can't remember if the original had them panned that far. Not a huge deal though....Bass has a great tone. Well done there man..it fills that spectrum very nicely. Excellent playing also. Drums sound good to me. I can hear the individual parts, and they sound good. Nice mix man...and vocals are cool. Good performance, and good mix. Guitar panning might be the only thing to investigate.

Nice job man... :cool:

Thanx alot for the listens this early in the morning, guys.

The guitars that are panned is actually just a doubled guitar part that I panned hard left and right like I always do. I think the thing that throws it off is that I split up the opening riff between the 2 guitars, instead of making one guitar play it like it should be. Maybe for those parts I should bring it in. thanx for the advice, it's definitely something to look into.

watermelon said:
You shoulda done Poison, but nicely done anyway
Hehe...By the time Poison came out, he lost me. This is more of a classic Alice Cooper tune from the Alice Cooper Band. Thanx alot.

Track Rat said:
Love It To Death and Killer are my favs by Alice (album wise).
Absolutely. There are tunes on School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies that I adore...But Love it to Death and Killer are their best, in my opinion also.

Bravo Rami !

Bravo dude !

This one made my morning. Well performed and recorded with great energy.

Now I want to hear you remake Rick Derringer's "Let Me In". I think you'd rip that tune a new one.

Bart

Your covers never cease to amaze me. That chorus is damn near perfect. Trying to think of things I didn't like about it, and can't come up with any.

Oh I hear ya bro.

I remember the first version, and I loved it, thought it was great.
This is actually an improvement, I dont know what I like better.
The sounds are just amazing, vox rule.
Bass kick ass, and the guitars shine like diamonds.

Fat man just fat.

thanks for sharing

Very nice indeed-Alice and his python would both be proud of it. Yeah the intro lead bit being split and panned caught me off guard, but it worked okay.

I agree that Billion Dollar Babies* and Schools Out had their hits, but Killer and Love it to Death were the discs I always listened to all the way through-both sides in the vinyl days!

*Anyone know how did Donovan end up singing the duet on Billion Dollar Babies-I've always wondered about that?

Not bad at all, RAMI! I play this song with the Vampyre Bunnies, so I know it inside and out. You play the drums on the breakdown after the first chorus a lot like I do!

Nice job, good sounds! :cool:

RAMI said:
Thanx alot for the listens this early in the morning, guys.

The guitars that are panned is actually just a doubled guitar part that I panned hard left and right like I always do. I think the thing that throws it off is that I split up the opening riff between the 2 guitars, instead of making one guitar play it like it should be. Maybe for those parts I should bring it in. thanx for the advice, it's definitely something to look into.
Really - what time zone are these guys in - NFLD ? (lol)
Real smooth performance...drums absolutely make this tune. And a great mix - especially how the vocals sit. I want that pre!!!! The intro guitar licks do sound a bit too panned - maybe bring them in if you remix. Didn't realize that was one guitar :confused:
Anyway - excellent job.....

Bartman said:
Bravo dude !This one made my morning. Well performed and recorded with great energy. Now I want to hear you remake Rick Derringer's "Let Me In". I think you'd rip that tune a new one. Bart
Thanx alot bartman...Glad I can help you start your day on the good foot. "Let Me In" is atually a pretty good idea. I might seriously consider that.

IRONFLIPPY said:
Your covers never cease to amaze me. That chorus is damn near perfect. Trying to think of things I didn't like about it, and can't come up with any.
Thanx alot Iron. I almost feel like I'm copping out when I post a cover. Learning a song is never as challenging as coming up with one of your own. But it's a good feeling when you do something you've listened to almost all your life. Thanx alot.

NAKATIRA said:
I remember the first version, and I loved it, thought it was great.
This is actually an improvement, I dont know what I like better.
The sounds are just amazing, vox rule.
Bass kick ass, and the guitars shine like diamonds.
Thanx bro...It's 70's week here at HR!!! :D :D

RayC said:
My fav. Cooper song. Thanks for breathing some extra life into it.
Cool, I didn't know this was your fave. Hope I did it justice, buddy...thanx alot for the listen.

Dumby said:
Sweet dude!
Thanx Brother! :cool:

Anfontan said:
Very nice indeed-Alice and his python would both be proud of it. Yeah the intro lead bit being split and panned caught me off guard, but it worked okay.
*Anyone know how did Donovan end up singing the duet on Billion Dollar Babies-I've always wondered about that?
Thanx Anfontan. Yes, I think I'm going to narrow those guitars in the intro. Didn't wuite have the desired effect I was going for. A bit too extreme on the width.
I think at the time of BDB, Alice was the biggest thing in rock, and Donavon's career was going the other way. SO, I'm sure he jumped at the chance, and for the Alice clan, it was a cool thing to have Mr. Peace and Love singing about dancing with a corpse in the attick. :D:D:D

[quote-MadAudio]Not bad at all, RAMI! I play this song with the Vampyre Bunnies, so I know it inside and out. You play the drums on the breakdown after the first chorus a lot like I do![/quote]
Thanx Mad...It's a fun tune to drum to, that's for sure. It ain't no King Crimson, but fun anyway....:)

IDO1957 said:
Really - what time zone are these guys in - NFLD ? (lol)
Real smooth performance...drums absolutely make this tune. And a great mix - especially how the vocals sit. I want that pre!!!! The intro guitar licks do sound a bit too panned - maybe bring them in if you remix. Didn't realize that was one guitar.
Anyway - excellent job.....
Thanx alot IDO...Yeah, that's supposed to be one guitar. On my earlier version I did it with one guitar. Thsn, I figured it would sound good as an ansering type thing. I think I just have to bring them a bit closer for the intro...Thanx for the listen and comments. I love my pre!!!

Great track. Agree about the guitars in the beginning. My only nit pic also. Takes me back to my high school days. Gawd, that was a long time ago.

Really well put together. B$B was my favourite Cooper album. I always loved the guitar sound and production quality on that record. You did real good with the guitars, drums of course tru to the original, & vox & bvs excellent as well. We still jam this stuff and it's not easy to get it sounding as polished as you have. Top cover

Back