Alice Cooper anyone?

R

RAMI

I just re-did the guitars and vocals for this today. But, as usual, I couldn't wait a day to put it up, so I might have "mix-on-the-day-you-track" ears going on.

Please tell me how this sounds and if there's anything way out of whack, I won't be surprised I missed it. I know it has less low end than my other songs I'm comparing it with, but I did that on purpose trying to get a more 70's, less-produced sound. Should I add some bass to it? Thanx alot.

(it should start right away, but sometimes the player starts on the wrong song...it should be "Under my Wheels")

UNDER MY WHEELS

Last edited:
I lkie it....good and raw, but not junky....The whole vibe is way cool. Good sounds all around man.... :D

Cool Dog, thanx...I'll listen tomorrow and probably hear things that need to be fixed.

The rhythm guitars are smokin hot Rami.

They really blend well with the bass guitar somehow (hard to describe exactly but the tones match well?). Lead guitar is smooth and nicely compressed.

Vocals are gritty and pitch perfect.

No problems with this one.....

Playing is fabulous as always!

:D :) :D :) :D

Damn-you have the Cooper band sound nailed, sounds straight out of the 70's! Did you used an SG like the original recording, it sure sounds very close to it. I wouldn't mess with the istruments at all, they are fine. Alice was a bit more shrill in his vocal, you did great on it.

This track has so many problems I'd rename it "Problems" just kidding, Your tracks are getting to the point that I have to start nitpicking to try and be any help... so I'll start the picking! I like the way your rhythm guitar has improved lately. Plus you got the 70s raw rocking feel down pretty good. Okay so based on my system... in the less busy parts like 0:25 vox sound a tad loud... but once things get going sound great. The 1:21 part sounds a little too "drummy" to me... meaning the drums seem more prominant than the actual guitar solo. damn the 1:53 part sounds sweet!

Killer stuff :D :D rocks

Hey guys...thanx alot for the comments.

Ido, I'm glad you like the guitars. This was a fun tune to play, on all the instruments.

Antone, thanx for the compliment on the instrumentation. Alice's voice is shriller, you're right. There's no way I can duplicate that without sounding like I'm trying too hard. I don't use an SG, it's just a strat that I picked real close to the bridge to thin it out a bit. Thanx.

Snaker. You're right about that "drummy" part. But on the original, there's horns and a guitar soloing and all kinds of shit, and it's real busy. I just tried to make it as full as possible.

Last edited:
RAMI said:
I just re-did the guitars and vocals for this today. But, as usual, I couldn't wait a day to put it up, so I might have "mix-on-the-day-you-track" ears going on.

Please tell me how this sounds and if there's anything way out of whack, I won't be surprised I missed it. I know it has less low end than my other songs I'm comparing it with, but I did that on purpose trying to get a more 70's, less-produced sound. Should I add some bass to it? Thanx alot.

(it should start right away, but sometimes the player starts on the wrong song...it should be "Under my Wheels")

UNDER MY WHEELS

Hey Alice,

Nice work RAMI,

Alice just wishes he was RAMI.... :D :D

Listening on my work PC speakers everything sounds pretty well right across the board!
The only thing that stood out to me just trying to find something was that the bass sounded to "pop sounding"...I think maybe a little more in the bottom end will help it fit in with the style of this tune which is "Rockin"... :o

Nice work RAMI... :) :)

Thanx Gorty...I'll re-consider the bass sound...I might have over-did trying to get a less "produced" sound by cutting too much low's from the bass. Thanx dude.

Listening at work.

Only got the Pc speakers setup.

I think the bass could come out a little more perhaps.
Pherhaps a bit more verb on the vox.

The rest is flawless, I have no nits with anything, just great tracking, playing.

A great overall preformance.

You`ve got the 70`s sound pretty much nailed.

Way to go... :cool:

Hang on, I'm just reaching for my mirror hat & stacked boots.
Glamtastic man.
How about you try a Slade song next?

Thanx Nak and Ray. I'll probably re-mix it today.

I used to love Slade. I think Quiet Riot did at least one of their tunes, if not more.

Very nice ,I've always loved that song.The guitar sound is great
nice and tight.I'm just listening on PC speakers too ,but i agree
more bass guit and maybe some slap back delay or a little verb on
the vocals would help it gel to perfection.

B

What a great version. I like your drum sound on this. Everything is nice & tight, great performances on everything. I think the other guys mix suggestions are on the money. Good stuff

Don't you need a disclaimer that no chickens were harmed in the production of this song?

I wouldn't change a thing Rami. This seventies guy thinks you nailed this one. I wouldn't change the bass because it would change the balance of the guitars job on the bottom and change the overall seventies sound.

Good job!

Thanx alot for the comments and advice, guys. I did a re-mix and, instead of turning up the bass, I turned the drums down a bit. They were too loud. Hopefully it will allow the bass to come through more without ruining the balance between everything.

NYMorningstar said:
Don't you need a disclaimer that no chickens were harmed in the production of this song?
HAHA!!! Classic! I thought it sounded like I was passing a stone. If you listen to the original, does that way better, which is why buried mine.

Rami:

(first, I love Alice Cooper (bought GO TO HELL in 1976, when I was 11)

finally... UNDER MY WHEELS simply ... ROCKS!!!

CIRO
("Rami´s Number 1 fan in brazil" ):D :D :D

*My "rami mix " are done, but i´m a "newbie" in host and these things...but i´m trying...

Last edited:
Nice cover. Always liked this Alice Cooper song. I'm with everybody else, no nit picky's here. Have to revisit your site and listen to some more. :D

Very good shit man. Im a huge early Cooper fan, and that stuff is still criminally overrated. Someone needs to do "Long way to go"....

As a side note, 2 of Quiet Riot's hits were Slade songs. Slade rules too.

Anyway, I raise my glass....good work.

Great job. Listening to your songs at the link. Your voice sound very similar to Alice even on your own material.

I guess if I was to find any fault it would be the vocal for the cover lacks a tiny bit of the grit and cut of Alices just a bit to smooth.

I vote you put your synth to good use and put a some horns it it.

Alice's Dad performed my wedding ceremony.

Back