Album Drop: NAMELESS - JSB's adaptation of Poe's "The Raven" EP on Spotify

Obi-Wan zenabI

Nameless by John Spignesi Band on Spotify

I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. The link takes you to John Spignesi Band's 5 song EP "Nameless," an adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Raven.' I shortened the poem one evening in September and John immediately wrote music. We tracked in one weekend, 17 hours of refining the songs and getting them down to tape. I mixed over the next week or so and it was submitted and printed by the beginning of the month. I'm the band's bassist.

It's my first shot at recording a full band in a rock genre in my studio. did record my jazz/bossa group back in the old cave glory days of HR.Com. It's good to fire up the studio for real again, and to be up on the streaming platforms. iTunes, Amazon music etc.

(Cross Posted in the Show Off subforum - feel free to critique there or here)

I don't have spotify, or I'd listen to this.

In the early 90s I started recording an album that I never finished. I recorded a bizarre rap version of Poe's The Raven. I have it on cassette somewhere. It's long and only the basic tracks. But, the samples used were very Halloween.

I don't have spotify, or I'd listen to this.

In the early 90s I started recording an album that I never finished. I recorded a bizarre rap version of Poe's The Raven. I have it on cassette somewhere. It's long and only the basic tracks. But, the samples used were very Halloween.

That's awesome though. Bizarre is a good thing. The second-to-last mixes are here -- NAMELESS by DoctorJ | Doctor J | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I should upload the final versions.

Oh, here they are on Bandcamp --
Nameless (2020) | John Spignesi Band

Back