Aerosmeth...

Lopp

New old post. This was one of the first full songs recorded on my VS880 around '96 or '97.

I think I played through a Mesa/Boogie Quad. Also, the vox may have been recorded using the mic modeling of the VFX card.

Sweeeeeeeeeet-
Emooooooooooo-
Tioooonnnnnn.

(I deliberately didn't post it at Nowhereradio so I wouldn't offend Waldo :) ).

cool! I had no idea you were a singer.. great guitar solos in the outro!!

you have a good voice, but I'm not feeling all that chorus on the vocals.. I am no one to talk when it comes to vocal sound, but that's what I'm hearing.. mainly in the 'sweeeet emmoootion' parts.. it makes them sound a bit out.. the guitar sounds great, but might be a touch out of intonation.. (bad edit @3:29)

good sound overall! the drums sound really canned, but with the guitars and vocals they work.. good listen!

I love old Aerosmith.. (best versions of the old standards are on Aerosmith Live Bootleg)

for some reason Steve and Joe hate that album..

I'm sure you realized you spelled it wrong. :)

Hey neighbor, nice cover! I really liked the harmonied guitar parts. You were smokin man!

Twist

Guitar sounds great.

Vocals aren't quite there... but Steven Tyler is a tough act to follow ;) :D. (I think I tried to sing this song once in my band in High School. I don't think it wen that well...but back then I could blame it on the equipment :D.

Fun song. Copying songs that are staples to everyone is always tough. Guitars have nice tone, and well played. Sabbath mentioned the drums. I would say the drums are the weak link in the whole process.

Nice job overall.

hey, you got balls, I bet you leave drag marks behind you when you walk! I like what you did with this tune. The arpeggios with the pedal was awesome in the guitar spotlight...if that what it was, it was damned cool to me.
Now I want to hear "Love in an Ele-vatore" live, pretty bad . :)

very cool....man the guitars are fucking perfect...
bass sounds cool ....you NEED live drums....yeah a bit too much vocal effect but im sure you record way better now...my old band used to play this ..man the crowd went nuts over this...its all about those harmonies.....!!!...

the harmonies are fine its the effect on the lead vocal....

cool......... fun .........tune.
jamal

Wa-hoo! Thanks for all the ears!

Sam B.Sabbath:

I'm not a singer. ;) Mainly backup in most bands, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. All the chorus comes from trying to hide my voice. The guitars are always my favorite part, thanks for the compliment. And, yeah, the drums were canned. It was a MIDI file I got off the net. :D Thanks for the listen. Old Airosmuth rocks!

Cheezehead Twist:

Hey Mad-town man. It was fun to record. Thanks for checking it out.

Jagular:

The vox were tough. Blaming the equipment is always fun. :p

Guernica

Thanks for the compliments. Glad you liked it.

kjam22

Copying cool songs can be tough and easy. Tough because you get scrutinized. Easy because you're halfway to a hit. ;) I agree the drums are a little weak. Thanks for listening.

Toki987

I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. :cool: "But we've got the biggest... balls of them all!" The harmonies were two guitars, switching the high and low harmony parts. Fun silliness.

Lt. Bob

Whoopie Rock-n-roll! Crank it up! Thanks for the ears.

Jamal Bucket

Guitars are what I do, everything else is ancillary. :)
Better drums would definitely help. I'll probably forever put too much effects on my own vox because I hate my voice for lead. And yeah, this one was also one of my faves to play live!

Thanks again to all.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

very cool cover.....

the guitar work is jsut top notch......you definitely deserve officer ranking in Speeddemon's "Bring Back The 80's" movement.......

your voice sounds good but some of the phrasing seems odd for the song.....nit pick there.....

those drums need fattening.....NEED......as well as the other midi parts.....those sounds take away from a very very very cool piece of work......

good work brutha......

MIKE

My dad likes your guitar work on his song, Loops... he said you should take a part in Tribute to Aerosmith next edition... ;)

The man has tone, chops, and a voice.

We used to do this one in the last cover band I was in. Always one of my faves to play live. We were a 5 piece & everyone sang good, but those vocals were always tough to nail.

Nice feel. I've never actually heard this song entirely. The drums are obviously midi. The kick has power, but not doesn't really fit on this song IMO. The drum samples sound very familiar. Maybe I've used some of those sounds previously or at least tried them out. Oops, a slight drop at 3:27. Damn, I wish I could do those artificial harmonics on guitar. I've never bothered to learn how to do those. I can only do those accidentally :D Good solos, but the drums make the song sound a bit weird.

This is a gas Lopp!!!!!!!!

Man..................it takes Balls just to squeeze out those chorus's!!

I enjoyed it big time!

Where in this wonderful state are you from??

Joel

Whee-la. I musta been a good boy, so many people listened. :D

Gidge-mo-sheep:

Yeah! A promotion to 80's metal officer!
I agree that I can improve my vocal phrasing. And yes... the drums need more beef. My ballsy guitars overshadow them. :rolleyes: :cool: Thanks for the comments. Ratt&roll!

James:

How about your sister? ;) Sign me up for the next tribute!

mixmkr:

That's a relief that everyone complains about the drums and not the guitars. It'd suck if people hated my favorite part. However, I've got to work on the weaknesses. Thanks for the listen.

M.Brane:

That's cool to be in a band where everyone sings good. I used to be worse, but I had to work on them for my old band. I agree this is definitely a fun one to play out when everyone clicks.

CrankyOne:

Aieee, I will never be free of these drums. ;) I think the tones were from my Yamaha CS1x. I found the MIDI file on the net. Re: harmonics, they only take an hour to get down. (Listening to your latest right now, I'll comment in your thread). Thanks for the listen.

Cheezehead jcmm:

I think I squeezed my balls to get those choruses. :p I'm from Milwaukee, went to UW-P, and live around Kenosha right now. Let me know where you're from. I think we've got enough people here to have our own Dairyland HR.com fest! ;)

Thanks again to all for the listens, comments, criticisms, and compliments.
:cool:

so.. can you introduce me to liv?

freaking awesome... aerosmith rules.

this has some kick ass guitar tones and some really nice singing.

really tightly tracked.. (except at 3:26:043.. but that might have just been a skip in the mp3)

there was one little rhytmic weirdness in the wailing guitar solo at about 4:14:ish

but overall.. tight tight tight.. good work.

a fun listen.. thanks for it.

-alex

It has a lot of the feel of the original,...

except a bit surreal in parts, and other parts a bit sterile. The parts work together nicely, so I'd say this is a pretty good remake. There is that part that seems to skip, there at about 3:27, but it may be a flaw in the encoding.

This cover's a lot different than the original, in the way of being sterile and "studio" [produced sounding], when IMO the original album cut was a bit more "live-in-studio", and there's a particularly raw sound they got on that album, a rawness that's really only hinted at in this cover version. Really nice guitar work, BTW, worth the price of admission, right there.

Good job! Covers are cool. I find them a whole lot easier to evaluate and appreciate. I used to do this cut with party band, so I'm pretty familiar with it. We were raw, and we did a raw version of this song, which was always a crowd pleaser. A great party song that everyone knows. Great done live, great fun.

alexspetty:

If I had Liv here, I wouldn't be posting on this BBS. ;) Everyone metions that skip. I'm going to have to find the original WAV to determine if it was me or the encoding. I'll check 4:14. Thanks for listening.

A Reel Person

Aiee. The 3:27 curse! :p Yeah it's not as raw as the original. And yeah, it's a great gigging tune. Thanks for the comments!

Back