Advice needed!

no vocals yet, and its still kinda quiet.

Thats about it :D

The rest sounds pretty good. Its not a big high tech sound but you probably dont need it. It needs to be LOUD, but you know that. Sounds fine. :cool:

VooDoo,
Sounds like the bass is overpowering the other instruments.

Balance that out and bring your guitar level up so it is in your face.

It's a good guitar riff/groove, but your guitar sounds far away.
are you close micing the speaker cabinet?

yea i posted a thread about my guitars sounding far away, and nothing helped, and yea im close micing my cab, i dont understand.....do you have any advice

Micing cabs is rough. An inch or two either direction and the angle of the mic can make a huge difference.

Plus the fact that you can't hear what's actually being changed when you move the mic unless you put the amp in another room and have someone move the mic around while you listen to headphones.

I just use a SM57 about 1/4 inch away from the grille cloth and slightly off to one side of the center but that may not be your ideal tone so you got to play with it.

Once you find the sweet spot, make the exact spot on the grille cloth with tape or a small sharpie pen dot.

It sounds like it's the room's fault. Any way you can through some heavy blankets up on the walls or something to deaden it a bit?

Another trick (I don't know if you've tried this or not) is to change the tones, gain levels, guitars, or amps when you do the second take. It really does make a world of a difference in how big the sound is.

Back